04-08-2009 10:45 PM - edited 04-08-2009 10:45 PM
The things I missed most about Rockbox were folder navigation, replaygain (or mp3gain) gapless, and crossfades. We are well on the way. Thanks for the update.
I didn't see any mention on the first post regarding pitch and speed accuracy. Has that been fixed?
Message Edited by narf on 04-08-2009 11:45 PM
04-08-2009 10:50 PM
I am Extremely happy that the only miniscule Issue I had with my player is Fixed! Way to go Guys one of (if not the) best ever Firmware release IMO. No to listen to the stuff that didnt work before!
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base
04-08-2009 11:37 PM
This happened to me once. As I was adjusting volume the white backgound that surrounds the volume indicator bar disappeared, then reappeared. It went back and forth several times (disappear/reappear) at that occurrance while scrolling the volume. Has not occurred since. (V1.02.26A)
04-09-2009 12:20 AM
Want to report a problem that has occurred twice. While listening to music files (all mp3) and browsing through the main menu System Settings options the player would not return me to the 'now playing' screen. Even after allowing the screen to go dark (set for 15 seconds) and waiting another 15 or so seconds, reactivating the screen either by scroll wheel or button returned me to the Settings menu where I left. Transition from end of one song to the next song did not change problem (play all + shuffle). Obviously, the immediate issue when this occurs is you can't adjust the volume. A few caveats:
* This does not always occur. Indeed, I tried replicating the problem just prior to posting this and could not make it occur.
* I don't recall exactly what menu screens I was on when this did occur. Nor do I recall whether I made any setting changes.
* The first time this occurred I finally went to the Music menu and re-selected "Play All," which took me to 'now playing' (a new tune of course); The second time I went to the Music menu, selected an option (I think 'view file info') and waited for a successful return to 'now playing.'
04-09-2009 12:34 AM
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the firmware update! I appreciate your efforts, especially because all the manufacturers I had before did just a few cosmetical firmware updates, if they did at all.
I will now find out how to make vorbisgain scan my entire music collection. I was often annoyed about the different volumes when hearing different albums, but I wasn't aware that there is a solution existing. What a surprise!
BTW: Is it just my imagination, or are there some more color gradients? For example, I never noticed a gradient behind the volume bar or the menu list.
04-09-2009 01:08 AM
First off I wanted to say thanks to Sandisk for the update. It's nice to see the product supported and since I bought the device the feature list has grown and I cant say that about many devices I have bought in the past.
The track info is a step in the right direction, but if I could make a wish list it would look like this (in this order)
1. Gapless playback. It doesnt matter if it only works for LAME MP3's (like Rockbox) as all my MP3's are ripped using LAME.
2. Artist List to be filtered by Album Artist/Band. I have a lot of compilation albums and I find all the different artists clutter the list.
3. Track info should be one of the visualisations (prefereably can be set as default view) and should show tag fields the the user selects / reorders.
Maybe I should start a wishlist thread? anyhow thanks for the update and looking forward to the next one three months time at a guess?
04-09-2009 01:23 AM - edited 04-09-2009 01:23 AM
No files are deleted while upgrading.
If you however want to use the 'large database' (8000 entries) you are going to have to format the device (after making a backup of its contents).
Message Edited by 7o9 on 04-09-2009 01:23 AM
04-09-2009 01:26 AM
Sure it was mentioned, but never with a specific "fix date". But at least sansafix confirmed that this is being worked on. See here: