Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

I just bought a new Fuze and immediately applied the firmware. I am curious, I have the player plugged into the usb port and the “connected” animation screen keeps goin. Is it ok to leave my fuze plugged into the usb port while not in use such as overnight? Just wondering if this could shorten screen life etc. in any way.

@woodyear99 wrote:
I just bought a new Fuze and immediately applied the firmware. I am curious, I have the player plugged into the usb port and the “connected” animation screen keeps goin. Is it ok to leave my fuze plugged into the usb port while not in use such as overnight? Just wondering if this could shorten screen life etc. in any way.

you should be fine. the fuze has an lcd not an oled so screen life is not a huge issue.  

ok I have updateted my fuze to this latest firmware from 1.02.22A to 1.02.26A and I am having problems with this latest firmware. Anytime I load up an OGG file in MSC mode disconnect the player from the usb cable the player hangs at the refreshing your media screen. The only way to fix this bug is to reset the player and reconnect the device and remove the OGG file. After doing that the player works fine no hang ups. Please slotmonsta can you report this to the powers that be to look into it or should i email tech support?

Message Edited by techieq on 04-08-2009 07:53 PM

@techieq wrote:
ok I have updateted my fuze to this latest firmware from 1.02.22A to 1.02.26A and I am having problems with this latest firmware. Anytime I load up an OGG file in MSC mode disconnect the player from the usb cable the player hangs at the refreshing your media screen. The only way to fix this bug is to reset the player and reconnect the device and remove the OGG file. After doing that the player works fine no hang ups. Please slotmonsta can you report this to the powers that be to look into it or should i email tech support?
Message Edited by techieq on 04-08-2009 07:53 PM

Are you “safely disconnecting” or just unplugging it?

I am safely disconnecting on Mac OS 10.5.6

@owmygroin wrote:
Not sure if this was discussed before earlier in another thread but didn’t someone say that the firmware would do away with sansa media converter?

I believe that falls into the category of rumor and speculation :wink:

@drlucky wrote:

@rainbreak wrote:

I’ve registered just to share my (somewhat) frustrating experience with the new firmware.  I was excited at first, but after I loaded the firmware on my (V1, 8GB Silver) fuze, I was shocked to find that my fuze refused to turn on after the update, which apparently went well.  I found that the only way to get my fuze to turn back on again was to do a reset (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds).  This works inconsistently, and I have to try more than once for it to work.  No amount of ‘regular’ turning on (just flicking the switch up for a short while) will get it to turn on until I’ve done the reset.

<ETC>

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 05:48 PM

I would try resetting the device to factory settings then hold the power switch up for about 10 sec to reset the fuze, then try reloading the firmware. if you are still having issues you will want to format the fuze and reload the firmware and then the files.i would use the format option in the fuze settings menu. this will most likely resolve the issues you are having.  

I followed the suggested steps of resetting to factory settings, reset, and reload the firmware for a third time.  No change.  So I formatted using the onboard option.  After turning the fuze off after this, absolutely nothing changed, except that it took longer than ever to get it to turn back on again. :angry:

I then plugged it back into my computer and formatted it again from there.  I turned the fuze off, and then back on without problems, no delays or anything.  I did it again just to make sure, and this time the fuze got stuck on the end of the little Sansa logo startup animation.  Had to do a reset to get it off, and now the problem is back again. :cry:

Once again, this did not happen until a couple of hours ago after upgrading the firmware (which I am very greatful for, and comes with some really nice features :smiley:). I’ve had several months of completely problem-free and contented use.

Edit: I’m going to go sleep soon, so I’ll leave the fuze out overnight just in case its only a temporary problem.

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 08:15 PM

@woodyear99 wrote:

As dr.lucky said, the screen should be fine. I prefer to do all my charging with a wall charger though, and I only connect to the computer if I am adding files or removing them. I figure the less I connect to the computer the fewer chances for something bad to happen. Plus the wall charger works faster because your screen will go to sleep instead of continually flashing the animation, which takes battery power.Some would say I am overly paranoid about only wall charging, and not connecting very often, but my Fuze rarely gives me any problems.

@techieq wrote:
I am safely disconnecting on Mac OS 10.5.6

I haven’t used an Apple computer in about 20 years, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with your issue or not…someone with Mac experience will probably have to help you out. Sorry!

Marvin_Martian

Unmounting a device on a mac is simialr on Windows. Anyways thanks for the help

Message Edited by techieq on 04-08-2009 08:25 PM

I haven’t had to do much navigating yet, because I got new music, but I absolutely love the track info. The majority of my music is VBR, so it’s cool to check bitrates…I’m assuming that what I see is the average for the song that is playing.  2,324 songs, 14MB free=lots of listening pleasure

EDIT: Is it just me or is the text scrolling faster? That was sorely needed too

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 04-08-2009 11:36 PM

In case anyone else gets tripped up: when I first inserted my slotRadio card, I couldn’t figure out how to make it work. There should be a big red slotRadio icon between Music and Videos; I’m not sure if it I just missed it, but I didn’t see it until after I turned the player off-and-on while the card was inserted.

You didn’t miss it.  There is no slotRadio icon there.  I don’t see anything for slotRadio elsewhere either.  It would make more sense to me if the icon shows, but is grayed out if there isn’t a slotRadio card inserted.

All - As FYI to access 8000 songs in MTP mode requires a reformat to resize the database.  The new firmware is compatible with the smaller Database if the number of songs is not an issue for you.

Enjoy,

SansaFix

Can you just feel the groovy?  Thanks, Sansafix!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@mags1230 wrote:
You didn’t miss it.  There is no slotRadio icon there.  I don’t see anything for slotRadio elsewhere either.  It would make more sense to me if the icon shows, but is grayed out if there isn’t a slotRadio card inserted.

well, that would be one way to do it, but that would also add uneccesary clutter to the interface, especially for people with no intention of ever using slotRadio.
Message Edited by kidthorazine on 04-08-2009 09:09 PM

Having the SlotRadio logo disappear unless an SR card mounted is best, the logic behind it is the same as the Rhapsody Channels function, that is invisible unless the device is authorized on a Rhapsody account.

Keeping the interface clean is the way to go.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Perhaps, but it would show the full range of features.  Not everyone has photos or use the radio either.  And it seems to me that sandisk wants to encourage more people to use slotRadio by adding it to the fuze.  And those who do want to use slotRadio would not have to spend an extra $99 for it.

Uneeded Icons slow down function selection.

If your player is Rhapsody enabled you also get a Rhapsody Channels Icon.

Its not present if you dont use Rhapsody. Same concept.

When you insert the Slotradio card the Ison should appear after the card is refreshed.  One clickand you are playing SlotRadio.

@owmygroin wrote:
Not sure if this was discussed before earlier in another thread but didn’t someone say that the firmware would do away with sansa media converter?

That was speculation based on some comments from Sansafix about not needing rockbox. It was never mentioned or confirmed only just guesses.