Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

I’ve registered just to share my (somewhat) frustrating experience with the new firmware.  I was excited at first, but after I loaded the firmware on my (V1, 8GB Silver) fuze, I was shocked to find that my fuze refused to turn on after the update, which apparently went well.  I found that the only way to get my fuze to turn back on again was to do a reset (holding the power switch up for about 15 seconds).  This works inconsistently, and I have to try more than once for it to work.  No amount of ‘regular’ turning on (just flicking the switch up for a short while) will get it to turn on until I’ve done the reset. 

Also, normally the fuze will turn on automatically after I connect it to my PC.  However, now when I connect it, it remains shut off and XP refuses to recognize its existence.  It doesn’t even seem to charge.

When it does turn on, it acts absolutely normal - it loads, plays music, everything.  It even connects correctly and without problems to my PC.  Hoping that it would fix the problem, I re-transferred the firmware over to the fuze, which updated again.  The problems remain.

This all happened right after I installed the new firmware.  I’ve had the player since Christmas and this is the very first problem I’ve ever had with it.  I only hope that there is a way to fix this without having to format the player (though my music collection isn’t particularly large,  it is tedious to transfer it all with my old, slow 1.0 USB Ports (or so I assume, as whenever I connect a USB device, it always says it would be better to connect it via a “HI-SPEED USB 2.0 Port” or something like that)).

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I’ll probably try formatting if nothing else seems to help.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go eat dinner real quick :wink:.

Edit: I don’t use any memory cards.

Message Edited by Rainbreak on 04-08-2009 05:48 PM