SanDisk User

Re: Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

Thanks for the upgrades. Now we need an option to keep the display on all the time when connected to external power or for the display to turn on at the end of a song and at the beginning of a song. Also it would be nice to have a play all option for albums that would play all albums one album after another and not all songs. Selecting shuffle all and then turning off shuffle and scrolling to the first song is a workaround but a real pain in the #%$. The original Fuze had the play all option. Thanks

SanDisk Senior User

is it just me or when you turn it on after the logo it just blanks out instead of going to the menu? You need to touch the touch pad in order to get the menu.

backlight: 30 secs

firmware: 02.38.06

SanDisk User

The previous firmware separated audibles from non-drm audiobooks (in the "audiobooks" section).  The audiobooks section still does not have folders, making it useless if you are keeping multiple audiobooks on the device.  It also seems to sort titles in that section alphabetically by title, instead of by track #.

Does anyone know if this will change later?  I have to untag the genre of my audiobooks and listen to them in the music section, or not listen to them at all.

[ Edited ]

alienkid10 wrote:

is it just me or when you turn it on after the logo it just blanks out instead of going to the menu? You need to touch the touch pad in order to get the menu.

I noticed that once or twice, but obviously not a show stopper.

SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

J_Locklear wrote:

ok..........if you done the update & finding out that the menu looping isn't working...here's why.......simply go into the settings, then customize menu.....the option to turn it on/off lies in there.

Yes, there seems to be many of us who have not been able to activate looped menus (or maybe it's just me. Smiley Wink) . Thanks for clearing that up. This is something that I'm excited about.

Also, it seems that my little player to starts up a little faster, now. I'm sure that it has something to do with that so-called "Content library handling improvement". I have noticed in the past that my device starts up a little faster without the memory card, and that it refreshes the internal memory faster. In fact, the internal memory seems to do everything faster. So, I'm going to assume that there is less activity going on with the internal/external memory, making everything faster. That's freaking awesome!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Tired of the Sansa Media Converter? Try Video4Fuze! It can create smaller videos than SMC, and is WAY more reliable!!!!

I can browse by folder! Excellent! Now my only big complaint with the fuze+ is how awful the touchpad is.

Just to let people know: when trying to browse by folder, my internal memory initially read as empty. Once I added a new folder though, everything showed up. So if you're having a similar problem, see if that fixes things for you.

SanDisk Senior User

I figured out the backlight problem. Despite me setting it at 30 and it looking like it's at 30 it times out at 15. I'll expiriment with other settings latter weird bug. Also when you turn the device on for a minute+ and set the time then turn it off a few minues later and come back to turn it on then the time is reset to what you last set it to.

I have problem with flac format. If I have more albums for one artist, display me only one album - ,,RTIST=*name of artist*". (When I have only one album for one artist, sometimes display this too). Have anyone same problem?

Sorry for my really bad english Smiley Happy 

SanDisk Guru

Zuzle93 wrote:

I have problem with flac format. If I have more albums for one artist, display me only one album - ,,RTIST=*name of artist*". (When I have only one album for one artist, sometimes display this too). Have anyone same problem?

Not since the orginal firmware. Have you updated it?

[ Edited ]

I have version 02.38.06 A. I updated it yesterday.