Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

@xpmule wrote:

i meant the database files not the partition eh but i think the concept is the same…

basicly just like a hard drive flag’s things for deletion but they still exist until actualy overwritten

so i’m guessing the index’s for Fuze+ content are sorta like an MFT record

In MTP mode you don’t have access to the underlying file system, so its not really like file table. Instead you’re just asking the software for a list of the files it thinks it has. Until it goes through and rescans its files, the results you get might be out of date. I suspect just copying a few files in MSC mode and then rebooting into MTP mode will be enough to force a rescan, although I’m not sure how smart the sandisk software is about it. Its possible it also needs to be synced to software like WMP first too.

@xpmule wrote:

You’d think if you selected reformat it would be reformatted like on a hard drive but…

Reformatting a partition does exactly what you would expect: erase that partition. It doesn’t reset all the info on the drive though because there is more then 1 partition, and not all of them are exposed in MTP or MSC mode. I think the only way to get access to the hidden ones is with third party software like rockbox, or using the recovery mode + imxtools. This is intentional, the firmware tries to prevent you from messing with its internals by preventing USB access.