Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

@fuzionnow wrote:

heavy:

“Flexibility should have been built in allowing you to select (as you can in Explorer) how the individual files are presented once you get down to the folder level. (honestly it’s not that difficult, all you have to do is is use a different part of the media information when you’re processing an individual track and building the key).”

Hi heavy,

There is a lot to complain about in the Sansa Fuze+ but you have homed in on the Folder View… the sole aspect of the system which is solid!

Folder mode works perfectly.  Directories sorted by name, files within them sorted by name.  Why would you want to mix media information with the physical file names?  The whole point of folder mode is to make the device navigable for non tagged or poorly tagged collectons or for those users such as Sandro and I with large collections who were once fighting a near unresponsive and now mediocrly responsive interface.  You do know that you can hit the directories with MP3Tag or something and rename the files automatically based on your tags.  But from your post, I think that your tagging is probably a big whacked so I doubt that any approach can make you happy.

I have purchased a 32 Gb iPhone to replace my beloved and recently deceased Treo.  I wouldn’t have gone with it, but as I had the Sansa Fuze+ instead of a usable mp3 player I went for it.  Being honest, the iPod interface on the iPhone is so far beyond the reach of the Sansa development team that I will probably never seriously use the Sansa Fuze+ (even though I can fit less than half of the content what I want on the iPhone).  With the iPhone, even when Rockbox is ready and we have a great unit, I won’t get much use of it.  However, I am about to use the Fuze+ extensively around a hot tub, a pool and on the beach for a few weeks… something that I’d never do with my iPhone.  I am really looking forward to it!   Last year at this time we did the same and all of us were comparing mp3 players and we all had quite a laugh at the expense of the lame Fuze+.  This year it will be a lot different.

FWIW, you’re misquoting me and I totally agree with you.