Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

@alienkid10 wrote:

is it just me or when you turn it on after the logo it just blanks out instead of going to the menu? You need to touch the touch pad in order to get the menu.

I noticed that once or twice, but obviously not a show stopper.

@j_locklear wrote:

ok…if you done the update & finding out that the menu looping isn’t working…here’s why…simply go into the settings, then customize menu…the option to turn it on/off lies in there.

Yes, there seems to be many of us who have not been able to activate looped menus (or maybe it’s just me. :wink:) . Thanks for clearing that up. This is something that I’m excited about.

Also, it seems that my little player to starts up a little faster, now. I’m sure that it has something to do with that so-called “Content library handling improvement”. I have noticed in the past that my device starts up a little faster without the memory card, and that it refreshes the internal memory faster. In fact, the internal memory seems to do everything faster. So, I’m going to assume that there is less activity going on with the internal/external memory, making everything faster. That’s freaking awesome!!! :smileyvery-happy:

I can browse by folder! Excellent! Now my only big complaint with the fuze+ is how awful the touchpad is.

Just to let people know: when trying to browse by folder, my internal memory initially read as empty. Once I added a new folder though, everything showed up. So if you’re having a similar problem, see if that fixes things for you.

I figured out the backlight problem. Despite me setting it at 30 and it looking like it’s at 30 it times out at 15. I’ll expiriment with other settings latter weird bug. Also when you turn the device on for a minute+ and set the time then turn it off a few minues later and come back to turn it on then the time is reset to what you last set it to.

I have problem with flac format. If I have more albums for one artist, display me only one album - ,RTIST=*name of artist*". (When I have only one album for one artist, sometimes display this too). Have anyone same problem?

Sorry for my really bad english :) 

@zuzle93 wrote:

I have problem with flac format. If I have more albums for one artist, display me only one album - ,RTIST=*name of artist*". (When I have only one album for one artist, sometimes display this too).  Have anyone same problem?

Not since the orginal firmware. Have you updated it?

I have version 02.38.06 A. I updated it yesterday.

Honestly I wish they added a real useful feature: navigation by letter in some way not that you have to scroll everything :neutral_face:

did they fix the sluggishness with sd + internal memory?

@_sandro wrote:

Honestly I wish they added a real useful feature: navigation by letter in some way not that you have to scroll everything :neutral_face:

You should try it for yourself, but I think that’s what is meant by

Enhancements

Music content browsing by folder

Menu looping feature added

Audiobook sort order improvement

Low battery state early warning message added

Content library handling improvement

Let us know if things are better now. :wink:

@_sandro wrote:

Could be a pain for SANSA to get the firmware to add an alpha search without a QWERTY keyboard…???

Would be better (for me anyway) if the PLAYLIST’s worked, then at least you could separate a large database of tracks into various smaller LISTS of music, then the scrolling within each LIST would take less time…

The Startup still takes AGES to load my 6.4k tracks…but other updates in 02.38.06 were most welcome, especially with the ‘touch pad’ response, maybe the sensitivity could have an option in SETTINGS??

The folder browsing doesn’t appear to work that well at least for me. As far as I can tell it only browses things in the ‘music’ folder, I can’t get it to browse podcasts or audiobooks on other folders.

Also anything that get’s indexed via the genre tag into another section like audiobooks and podcasts doesn’t show up via folder browsing even if it’s placed in the ‘music’ folder.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but it doesn’t appear to be actual folder browsing since it is still reliant on tag data.

@weateallthepies wrote:

The folder browsing doesn’t appear to work that well at least for me. As far as I can tell it only browses things in the ‘music’ folder, I can’t get it to browse podcasts or audiobooks on other folders.

Also anything that get’s indexed via the genre tag into another section like audiobooks and podcasts doesn’t show up via folder browsing even if it’s placed in the ‘music’ folder.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but it doesn’t appear to be actual folder browsing since it is still reliant on tag data.

you are not doing anything wrong. folder browsing only works for music. 

Ah yes spotted it says for ‘music content’.

Still it’s not really folder browsing, it’s just another form of tag browsing dressed up to look like folder browsing, since things in that folder might not appear if they are tagged as audiobooks or podcasts. I don’t really understand what it has solved.

I have problem with flac format. If I have more albums for one artist, display me only one album - ,RTIST=*name of artist*". (When I have only one album for one artist, sometimes display this too). Have anyone same problem?

Got the same problem after upgrading to the new firmware. I only use the fuze+ for playing flac files. Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware

@weateallthepies wrote:

Ah yes spotted it says for ‘music content’.

Still it’s not really folder browsing, it’s just another form of tag browsing dressed up to look like folder browsing, since things in that folder might not appear if they are tagged as audiobooks or podcasts. I don’t really understand what it has solved.

You are right. Audiobooks and podcast do not appear.  I do like the fact that the player treats Podcast special.  This simplifies things for me in another area.    

I have used the music folder browsing and it does work well.  I have files nested 3 folders deep.  They are not labeled Podcast.  I added them via Window Explore.  It works as I would expect.   When I add files via WMP, the Fuse+ sorts these files by author.  So Audiobooks with different authors each chapter are sorted in separate folder on the fuse.  Music folder view has no value in this case. 

So, folder we want to view in the future in music folder view, need to be added  to the music section via Windows Explore.

Thanks for the update.

One of the interesting bugs in this is caused by the looping menus… it’s not a showstopper by any means.  When I navigate by Music->Artist, the looping menus cause some of the album art to be incorrect when I have more than 3 albums.  For instance, I have 5 albums by the same artist, and the third album is always the incorrect album art after looping; it is either the first album’s art, or the last’s.  The art is correct until I loop in the menu.

Like everyone’s said - this is a quirky player.

After updating firmware manually from 02.37.01f to 02.38.06f internal clock doesn’t work correctely any more (24-hour mode).

it looses time after shut down. date doesn’t switch to next day over night, also after turning off for only some seconds, time differs several minutes back (e.g. time was 9:05, when turning on it is 9:01)

Edit: Time bug in 24-hour and 12-hour mode. Switching time between 24-hour an 12-hour mode is sometimes saved as time where clock starts counting after restart, sometimes time differs several minutes.

I mean they should add some kind of submenu near “shuffle all” that lets you decide at least the letter from which you should  start the SLOW scrolling.

I wonder who decided to create the album menu, it’s practically impossible to scroll albums. It does like 1 row per second…unbelievable.

I don’t see any speed improvement

Help Needed

I updated the firmware and now all my tags are screwed up. I only use flac files on my fuze. Instead of the name of the album it shows artist=name.  How can I correct this problem.  Anybody else having this problem?? Is this a bug in the new firmware??

Daniel

I’d check your FLAC tags first with something like MP3Tag.