Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06

I was just checking rockbox status over at http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,26284.0.html and figured that I might as well stop here.  This is an amazing release list… it could well make this device usable for a large collection (16+32) for the first time!  

Edit:

Thank you for this release. It is rough & quirky, but functional… exactly what I expected 10 months ago in September 2010 when I bought your 16 GB Fuze+ with a 32 GB Sansa microSD for $213 the day that it was shipped. You can now legitimately sell a product that matches your advertised specifications.   Yes, the menu is still quirky and jumpy, it certainly does not approach Apple devices in terms of interface, but it is cheaper for fucntionality and finally… it is now at least usable.  After 10 months, I will actually be able to use this Fuze+.

I had been waiting for a 45 to 50 GB solid state player with recordable radio for 6 years as I made do with a RockBoxed iRiver iHP-140 hard disk player.  I could have waited as long as the iRiver was still ticking.  But I sold it for $185, purchased your offering and have been without a functional player ever since.  I would have saved $75 bucks and hundreds of hours of time by waiting until today, but hey… now I have it.

I am what Marketing literature refers to as an “opinion leader” and have purchased and/or recommended slews of your previous players to family, friends and coworkers.  I personally never owned one because I was waiting for your supported capacities to reach my requirements, but after they did and I purchased I steered many, many people to the Apple products.   What you need to understand is that people like me are who your potential customers speak with before purchase.  We are not brand loyal so much as functionality and quality loyal. 

I’m going to finally be able to use this device, but I’m a long way from recommending it.