Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03

Firmware is the software code that powers your Fuze+.  You can think of it as the operating system.  SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware.  For an optimal experience with your Fuze+, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release.  It’s fast, easy, and free!

SanDisk has just released  firmware version 02.36.03 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.

Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.

Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below. 

MSC mode instructions:

• Turn on the Fuze+
  • Navigate to  Settings  on the menu of the device itself 
  • Scroll down to and select  USB Mode
  • Select  MSC

Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03 Download and Installation instructions

Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater

For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download NOTE: Currently this update is only available via the manual update. We will be adding the update to the Firmware updater once the User manual and quick start guide have been updated. 

Manual Firmware Update  (Download and Instructions)

Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download

All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.

• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update

• Ensure your battery is > 50% full. 

• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer. 

• Extract the  firmware.sb  file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.

• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+. 

• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin. 

• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. 

• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference 

• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” >  “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 02.36.03"x".

Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03 Release Notes

This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart. 

Enhancements

• Change the lock to press the power button
  • Add press and hold on any song in the list view or while in the play screen to add song to the Go List
  • Show the date next to the word Date: under Settings
  • The format of the date setting will change according to region North America: MM/DD/YY; all other regions: DD/MM/YY
  • Press and hold of the back button will jump back to Main menu faster
  • Recorded file’s name will include extra information  FM recording: 98.2 MMDDYY (change according to region) -001  Voice recording: MMDDYY(change according to region) - 001
  • Option to display 24 hours clock

Bugs Fixed

• Device didn’t record voice/FM continuously
  • Device jumps back to Main menu when tapping on “Back” button while in Rhapsody info page under Settings menu
  • Tapping on “Back” button doesn’t stop device from popping up message “DRM license expired…”
  • Device doesn’t display correct number of songs when the total number of songs is larger than 10,000
  • Fuze+ had problems playing back slotRadio cards: RB, Classical and Rock 
  • Device lowers volume when turning volume up while PreGain is active
  • Show the slide show time under Settings > Photo
  • When playing podcast, it will also show under Music

Known Issues

• After a device is lock, users have to wait awhile before volume button can be usable 
  • Device  terminated FM recording early when users lock device while recording
  • RDS info sometimes does not display correctly on device
  • Album Artist tag in FLAC file is not properly displayed
  • FM stations increment is not properly configured
  • Sluggish performance with full library
  • After firmware downgrade/upgrade, contents from internal memory is showing under card or contents under card are no longer showing up (Work Around - Remove and
    reinsert micro SD card)
  • Device displayed “DRM license not available” even though Rhapsody’s subscription is still valid (Work Around requires version 02.36.03 or higher – From the Fuze+ main menu select “Settings”. Scroll down and select “Format”. This will erase all the data on the device and clear the DRM error. Once the Fuze+ has been formatted reload your content. The DRM error should not reoccur.) 

New Firmware update not showing as available yet with Sansa Updater.

Great to see a new version however the release notes do not mention a fix for the overly sensitive touch pad that has a mind of its own. This is not even shown as a known issue. Are they not recognizing it as a problem? Very disappointing as this is really the only major issue I have with this unit.

no mention of looped menus?

This update will be available on the SFU later this week after the new user manual and quick start guide are available. 

Looped Menus are coming but did not make it into this update.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

how full does a library have to be to induce sluggish performance? I have 420 songs is that enough?

Downloaded it and installed it everything went smoothy, thanks. Will folder navigation be added later?

Folder navigation is in the pipeline.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

The new “top lock” function using the power button is a welcome improvement.  Note that the volume buttons are also locked when active.  To adjust the volume, don’t forget that it takes a tap of the power button first.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I really like the new lock feature. It is a lot better now :slight_smile:

The volume buttons aren’t actually you just have to wait 45s-1m for the lock screen to dissapear then they function was normal. THANK YOU for the continuous recording! I use this with a Speech recognition software from time to time and with the old firmware I couldn’t use it. I would like an option to revert the lock to the old way, I rather liked it that way.

@alienkid10 wrote:

I would like an option to revert the lock to the old way, I rather liked it that way.

As Bart Simpson is fond if saying, “Aye Carumba!”

The locking procedure has been without a doubt the most-complained about feature of the new Fuze+, with people threatening return and boycott all SanDisk products unless it was “fixed”, and now that they finally have, you come up and say you liked it the old way!

This just proves there’s no pleasing everyone. :smileyvery-happy:

No, can’t please everyone.  But you can please most, and the improved lock function will resonate positively with most Fuze+ users.  There will always be a few exceptions. 

Heh yep. I’m sure I can used to this one. This way does make more sense so. I didn’t understand why people didn’t like the old way but whatever. I like my continuous recording so I’ll take the new lock if it means I can record things now.

@alienkid10 wrote:

The volume buttons aren’t actually you just have to wait 45s-1m for the lock screen to dissapear then they function was normal. 

Yeah I noticed my volume buttons were still working as well. But thats fine with me because I prefer it that way anyway lol

I know this is a dumb question but what is the root directory that I drop the firmware into is it in the same place you put music, video ,ect.?  I’m not a computer wiz so any help would be great, thanks.

Any way I’ve had me fuze+ for about a day and love it, the SQ is a nice step up from what I’ve had.

its the main folder where you see the music, videos, recordings etc 

@jiff wrote:

I know this is a dumb question but what is the root directory that I drop the firmware into is it in the same place you put music, video ,ect.?  I’m not a computer wiz so any help would be great, thanks.

Any way I’ve had me fuze+ for about a day and love it, the SQ is a nice step up from what I’ve had.

The root directory is the “main” directory that all others fall under. In MSC mode, if the player is assigned the drive letter of G, then the root directory is “G:/”. In MTP mode, open the player in Windows Explorer and double-click “Internal Memory”.

Phew.  It’s been a while since I’ve done a manualn update to any of my Sansas.   I hope that navigation gets easier.  Thing is so touchy.

thanks