02-22-2011 02:37 PM - edited 03-02-2011 03:21 PM
Firmware is the software code that powers your Fuze+. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Fuze+, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has just released firmware version 02.36.03 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03 Download and Installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download NOTE: Currently this update is only available via the manual update. We will be adding the update to the Firmware updater once the User manual and quick start guide have been updated.
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer.
• Extract the firmware.sb file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now 02.36.03"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.36.03 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
02-22-2011 07:44 PM
Great to see a new version however the release notes do not mention a fix for the overly sensitive touch pad that has a mind of its own. This is not even shown as a known issue. Are they not recognizing it as a problem? Very disappointing as this is really the only major issue I have with this unit.
02-22-2011 10:16 PM
This update will be available on the SFU later this week after the new user manual and quick start guide are available.
Looped Menus are coming but did not make it into this update.
02-23-2011 06:11 PM
The new "top lock" function using the power button is a welcome improvement. Note that the volume buttons are also locked when active. To adjust the volume, don't forget that it takes a tap of the power button first.