Sansa Fuze - Direct connect to external speakers

Hello All,

This is a great forum !

My 1st post.

I’ve seen plenty of info here about connecting the Fuze to stereos, car radios, etc. but I haven’t come across anything about just plugging in plain old stand alone speakers.

For example, would the small aux speakers that used to come with some computers work with the Fuze ? Could those just be plugged into the Fuze without any problem ?

I realize that the volume might not be the greatest but I’m looking for a inexpensive, simple solution to listening to the Fuze when I’m in bed. Headphones don’t work well for me in that environment.

If this info is already on the forum, please point me toward it.

Thanks !

“For example, would the small aux speakers that used to come with some computers work with the Fuze ? Could those just be plugged into the Fuze without any problem ?”

Yes.  Assuming they have their own power, i.e., a wall wart.  I think that they all do, but maybe not.  

Bob

I use mine plugged up to some older multimedia computer speakers. They sound really awesome! I have a little fiil amp that seems to make it even clearer.

There is still the issue of volume from cd to cd, if you havn’t mastered replay gain yet. But I don’t have to mess much with the equalizer. For some reason, in the vehicle some of the sounds sound more bassy than others.

I am thinking of hitting the goodwills in search of old computer speakers.

Any set of PC speakers with an integrated amplifier will work beautifully.  If you like to scare the dog with some thunderous bass, as I do, look into a basic set of computer speakers with a subwoofer.  Altec Lansing has a set for about $20, and they sound fantastic.  I have also used Logitech and harmon/kardon sets with great results.

The speaker set must be amplified, meaning that the speakers will have an AC wall adaptor, or “wall wart” to power them.  Passive speakers went the way of the dodo years ago for PCs.  The Sansa doesn’t have enough power to drive them, nor does the average modern PC.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure.  I bought a cheap pair of “Fashion Speakers” from walmart and they work. No it’s not loud, but I got a docking station a while back and that helps.   I got these speakers because they didn’t require batteries, which might change the volumne, I don’t know… They were under $15. 

Thanks for all the suggestions !

I’m going to try Dalaug234’s suggestion with the “Fashion Speakers” first. I might eventually get a Griffin Power Dock, but I want to try just the speakers first. I don’t need very high volume. I’ll let you know how it goes.

I just got my amazon order of a couple of small speakers. One is the x-mini and the other the DB portable foldable speakers. The DB was under 5 bucks!!! The both work great for what I got them for, small and portable!

I still haven’t hit the thrift shops for older multimedia computer speakers but it’s on my to do list. The ones I have work awesome but I would like a spare set. I also have a little headphone amp that gives it a little extra omph and clarity when it’s hooked up to the computer speakers.