Sansa Fuze 8GB v1 new old stock (NOS) @ Newegg for $44, today only

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:09 PM

One thing to keep in mind about refurb and old stock items is that the battery likely has some additional wear on them.  Even if the item is unused, some degradation happens over time.  Though it be minimal with lithium-ion, some degradation is natural and accelerated by poor stockroom conditions.

That said, it looks like a mighty nice deal for the 8GB.  My mother abused her 4GB Fuze, so I may go ahead and pick up one of these and hunt of a decent protective case.  Thanks for the tip, man! :slight_smile:

Message Edited by gregoryfuze on 02-27-2010 06:47 PM

The bigger caveat than battery life is that there is only one-month warranty (from Newegg) on these. I would only recommend these for techies, since v1’s can be Rockbox’ed. If you get one of these, make sure you put it through the paces within the 30-day limit. If it passes muster, then it should be good for the duration.

For regular users who won’t ever consider a 3rd-party firmware, or who want the 1- or 2-yr warranty, stick with new.

My refurb’ed Fuze lasted longer then my new one did. :wink:

Got mine in the mail today from this offer, it’s a V2 (firmware 02.02.26). It does appear to be NOS, though. It came in the (in)famous white box, in pristine condition, with no “refurb” markings. Battery is at 68%, and there are 19 songs and one video ( WAZ, “Mine to Remember” ) preloaded.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 03-08-2010 03:38 PM

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:07 PM

No, I’m fine with it being a v2. Rockbox compatibility isn’t a huge priority for me. And I LOVE the unblemished black finish (my old refurbed silver 8GB Fuze is looking a little worse for wear).

On that note, any recommendations for a skin/cover/case to keep it looking new?

gwk1967 wrote:

No, I’m fine with it being a v2. Rockbox compatibility isn’t a huge priority for me. And I LOVE the unblemished black finish (my old refurbed silver 8GB Fuze is looking a little worse for wear).

On that note, any recommendations for a skin/cover/case to keep it looking new?

Assuming you have a screen protector, then http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Removable-Beltclip-Protector-available/dp/B001950RR6 should do the trick. I’m pretty sure that is the one I used to have(not in that horrid pink color though) :dizzy_face:

The only caveat is you may have to take a sharp blade and slightly enlarge the opening for the power slider, depending on how short you keep your fingernails clipped.:wink:

I like this hard plastic cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Clear-Crystal-SanDisk-Sansa/dp/B001ECP666/ref=pd\_sbs\_a\_6

ggin1

That hard plastic cover has worked great for me.  Actually - I bought mine from ebay, so I can’t be positive it’s exactly the same, but I loved the fact that I haven’t had to put a screen protector on - and the whole case looks pristine after more than a year of use.