Sansa Fuze 4gb won't play songs in folders?

I took songs that were from one artist and it put it in a folder to be organized, but they don’t play. Why?

How can I fix this?

thank you in advance!!

Sansas do not read/display/search/play by folders! You can ‘arrange’ them however you want in whatever folders you want, but they will only use the info contained in the ID3tags for sorting on the menus of the player.

Sansas do not read/display/search/play by folders! You can ‘arrange’ them however you want in whatever folders you want, but they will only use the info contained in the ID3tags for sorting on the menus of the player.  

Btw, this is probably one of the most hotly discussed topics on this board. If you had spent even 5 minutes looking around before you posted your question and/or read the User’s Guide, you most likely would have discovered this.

There is a plethora of information already posted here. All you have to do is look. :wink:

Btw, this is probably one of the most hotly discussed topics on this board. If you had spent even 5 minutes looking around before you posted your question and/or read the User’s Guide, you most likely would have stumbled on one of the many, multi-paged threads about folders vs. tags and discovered this.

There is a plethora of information already posted here. All you have to do is look. :wink:

The songs should still play if the tags are wrong. They’ll either show up as the wrong artist (often artist and album get swapped) or they’ll show up as the file name. Tape is correct, the folder doesn’t matter (though I’ve never tried putting music anywhere but under the “Music” folder).

It sounds to me like the music is in a format that the Fuze doesn’t recognize. Are these MP3s?

everything worked out. thanks! :slight_smile:

Yes it does show songs by tags, but what he really means is that this is annoying and frustrating.

maybe Sandisk should make something about it???

@posporis wrote:

Yes it does show songs by tags, but what he really means is that this is annoying and frustrating.

maybe Sandisk should make something about it???

This thread is 5 years old! SanDisk responded shortly after this (and many other discussions on the same subject) by introducing Folder browsing to the Fuze via a firmware update.

Please take note of the date on a post here before replying to it to avoid adding uniformed and/or irrelevant comments.