Sansa Fuze 01.01.11 Latest Firmware Download

I also recall a couple of years ago Apple released a firmware ‘upgrade’ that actually took features away. Creative has also done that, their players used to allow FM recording. Not any more.

Another company that tends to add features in firmware upgrades is Insignia (the Best Buy house brand). Their upgrade for the older player after the new one came out added a lot of the features of the newer player to it, but it took an incredibly long time for it to be released. Now that I think about it, maybe they didn’t want to jeopardize sales of the newer player by making the old one capable of the same things, too quickly. But the sound quality is awful.

The Trekstor Vibez has recently gotten some pretty significant user friendly upgrades. Some of those guys were with Rio. Some of the Rio developers released incredible firmware upgrades for the Carbon months after the company went out of business!!!

Also Samsung had published a schedule of feature upgrades for their P2 and has already kept to it through a few firmware releases. I’m not sure if it’s still ongoing. That seems to be a selling point of that player - promised feature upgrades. It’s a bit overpriced though, and no memory slot. 

Sony almost never releases firmware upgrades. Their firmware is stable, but it’s basic - nothing special, and even a little annoying. The selling point of their players is sound quality though. Very hard to beat, but the Fuze comes **bleep** close. 

Message Edited by Riolist on 09-05-2008 09:24 PM

Message Edited by Riolist on 09-05-2008 09:41 PM

Message Edited by Riolist on 09-05-2008 09:42 PM