Rusted Dial and Cleaning Fuze (Stickyness and Water issue)

I have a seemly rusted dial (From what I believe it to be water and some canned fruit juice, I was cleaning up the kitchen at the time :3).

It won’t move and I need a way to clean it out without opening it ( I fear I might break something and it’s over a year old) 

What can I do? 

Thanks! 

Try rubbing alcohol and a q-Tip. Don’t be afraid of getting too much alcohol on it, it dries quickly. As soon as you dab it on there start moving the wheel all over the place.

Good Luck!

That worked for you?

Rubbing alcohol has worked for a lot of people with the “Stuck Wheel” problem.

I would add: be sure the Fuze is powered off when you apply the alcohol and leave it off for at least half hour in a warm, dry place after you apply it. 

Rubbing alcohol comes in two strenghts, 70% and 80%.  Try to get the 80%, it has less water in it. 

Good Luck!

If you can get it, try isopropyl alcohol 91%.  It dries even faster and leaves very little residue.

I’ve tried all three of these: WD-40, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol.  Alcohol works the best.

ggin1 

Message Edited by ggin1 on 03-26-2010 03:14 PM

Thanks!

I’ll try it and let you guys what happens.

ggin1 wrote:

If you can get it, try isopropyl alcohol 91%.  It dries even faster and leaves very little residue.

I’ve tried all three of these: WD-40, hydrogen peroxide and alcohol.  Alcohol works the best.

Hey, if you’re going for 91%, you might as well go all the way and get this:

Best legal thing you can get next to good ‘ol Kentucky white-lightnin’. At least you can drink what you don’t use to clean your sticky wheel. I don’t know if it dries faster, but it can sure leave a residue the next morning.

Be advised though, the WD-40 probably tastes better if you’re going to drink it straight.  :stuck_out_tongue:

ggin1 wrote:

Hey, if you’re going for 91%, you might as well go all the way and get this:

Best legal thing you can get next to good ‘ol Kentucky white-lightnin’. At least you can drink what you don’t use to clean your sticky wheel. I don’t know if it dries faster, but it can sure leave a residue the next morning (and most likely the whole day)!

Be advised though, the WD-40 probably tastes better if you’re going to drink it straight.   :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s working so far.

Thanks Everyone!

The Alcohol Works!!  Thanks to all you guys!