Rockbox & V2's

Same here for me, you can manually downgrade and upgrade between 03.31 and 03.33 but not manually downgrade to 02.26 so weird.

I know, I never tried to use the Updater to revert back to any firmware or install any other firmware after it had updated the player to 02.03.33. I always tried the manual method but like the other users it would only detect 02.03.31 and 02.03.33.

Something must have changed in the recent firmware.

djphatic wrote:

I know, I never tried to use the Updater to revert back to any firmware or install any other firmware after it had updated the player to 02.03.33. I always tried the manual method but like the other users it would only detect 02.03.31 and 02.03.33.

Something must have changed in the recent firmware.

It’s a sinister, diabolical plot by SanDisk to prevent people from reverting back to a firmware that doesn’t incorprate the SlotRadio icon in the main menu.

Ssshhh . . . little to they know that somone has discovered a way around that! :wink:

F1 ?

Is this a guess or you know its cause the radio slot?

BR Robert

Message Edited by Rob2222 on 05-29-2010 02:06 AM

SlotRadio was on the menu long before 02.2.26 even.

And it doesn’t show up if you select region “Rest of World” so I doubt there’s any connection.

Though you could try choosing a different region and see if that affects upgrading.

Which suggests another idea - what happens if you reset the device and then try to flash? I haven’t done it for a long time now but I seem to recall that holding the power slider up for 20 seconds or so will reset the device.

Message Edited by csavery on 05-29-2010 10:41 PM

I managed to downgrade from 2.03.33 back to 2.01.17(http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=9473)

Yeah, then your lucky, my unit doesnt accept that old or modified firmwares. It just ignores them and doesnt start the flash process.

BR Robert

ssorgatem - you are correct and thank you for correcting my error…  it is indeed the left (|<<) button that is held down at bootup, to boot into the original Sansa firmware.

man, i’m still trying to figure this out, but i WAS able to revert to 2.17 from 2.3 (or whatever it was).

I went here: FreemattandGrace.Com

at the end of the first post, the dude gives a link to download the zip file of v2 OF.  I extracted the fuzpa file over to the fuze v2, and voila!  it’s now 2.17.

Tried what was listed on page 10 with a new Fuze, and now it’s dead. It originally booted into rockbox and i could browse through the file menu. I looked away and when I looked back the display was black and the blue ring was out. If I plug headphones in and out, though, there is a bit of static as if it is still powered on. I have tried holding the power switch for 30 seconds but can’t get it to reset. Is there any other way to reset, or to physically cut power without taking the unit apart?

You may want to read this thread on the rockbox forum,

http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=24992.0

Waiting for the battery to run down, or holding power off for much longer can work.

Message Edited by csavery on 06-22-2010 12:58 PM

I did later try holding the power switch for as long as 3 minutes, still no life. I have a feeling if I could get it to power up, and hold rewind, it will boot to stock firmware. I’d rather not wait several days for it to come back though. I wasnt playing anything when it died. It was sitting at the rockbox menu. Could take much longer if theres nothing to stress the cpu.

It doesn’t realy make sense how it died. Even with bunk firmware, it should at least power on, then display some kind of failure message. I think it might be a hardware problem unrelated to rockbox. It was booted into RB for over a minute before it died.

I did cave in to compusa’s protection plan anyway, so i could walk in and demand a replacement.

Message Edited by cam94z28 on 06-22-2010 02:02 AM

@cam94z28 wrote:

I did later try holding the power switch for as long as 3 minutes, still no life. I have a feeling if I could get it to power up, and hold rewind, it will boot to stock firmware. I’d rather not wait several days for it to come back though. I wasnt playing anything when it died. It was sitting at the rockbox menu. Could take much longer if theres nothing to stress the cpu.

It doesn’t realy make sense how it died. Even with bunk firmware, it should at least power on, then display some kind of failure message. I think it might be a hardware problem unrelated to rockbox. It was booted into RB for over a minute before it died.

I did cave in to compusa’s protection plan anyway, so i could walk in and demand a replacement.

Message Edited by cam94z28 on 06-22-2010 02:02 AM

Just wait for the fuze to be out of battery. It happened to me too, and it lasted 2,5 days, until I could finally plug it in the usb and the OF booted.

is the rockbox site closed down???

@gsprings wrote:

No.

Why are you asking that???

gsprings wrote:

Seems to be fine to me.

@gsprings wrote:

You tried rockbox. org , right?

I thought this was an issue with my phone’s Internet, but I actually had trouble accessing both rockbox.org and their forums.rockbox.org (took me a couple hours to finally get it to work).

i noticed that the album art does not show up in a lot of the themes i tried,everything else works fine

also noticed that rockbox would load only 900 or so mp3’s out of around 1300 on my 8 gb sandisk micro sdhc card