Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
yaakovts

Re: Replay Gain: A how to informational

jwskud, what I did is that I just re-updated my wmp library by just going to the "add to library" and searching where I keep my music files. I don't know if you have to do this, (it might update it automatically), but I did it and it worked. Wmp itself recognized the volume tags, and then I just re-synced everything to my zune, which takes very little time because it says that it's "already on zune". To make sure that it worked, play a song on the zune, and go to the track info, and it should say the replay gain info there.

This is all if you use wmp, if you don't, then I'm not sure how to help you.

SanDisk Senior User
SpacePatroller

[ Edited ]

Once your files have been analyzed you can transfer them to the Fuze Player."

How? And I need the "For Dummies" version. I've done it from a folder but not from a media player. I could also use a quick course of MSC v MTP. It being the case that the  user guide does not explain it which is bad form, using undefiend acronyms. Also, it being the case that there are newbies or less than hip users, and just because there is so much menu work done, a full path should be given. If you start halfway down. you lose people

SanDisk Senior User
SpacePatroller

In the end, what I went and did was two things.

1) Moved all my music to one folder on the desktop. went to  MediaMonkey and pointed it at that folder, then used Analyze then Volume Level That took a fiew hours, I then purged my Fuze and Connect and put the material from the "Music" folder in them and set up the Replay Gain on the Fuze

2) Deleted the Library in MediaMonkey, pointed it at the Music folder and hit scan/rescan and it reloaded.

I've come to the conclusion, from this excercize and reading, that the "Library" is not a physical library but simply a database and the contents are in the original folder

Anyway, all is well

BobbyDee

This thread is very informational,Thanks for sharing it.