Refreshing Your Media

so, i connect the fuze to my computer, and it charges. but when i disconnect it, it says refreshing your media, even if i didn’t add of delete files.

is this normal?

In MSC mode yes.  Not usually in MTP mode, if I remember right.

thanks dude

Or dudette, as the case may be. :stuck_out_tongue:

oops

so, i connect the fuze to my computer, and it charges. but when i disconnect it, it says refreshing your media, even if i didn’t add of delete files.

is this normal?

It doesn’t happen to me in MSC mode, but if your computer has any kind of automated backup routines, file checks, etc. it may affect the Fuze.

@macusa wrote:

is this normal?

Are you kidding me? You just cut & pasted the top post in this thread (word for word) from a year and a half ago! If this is some kind of joke, it’s not amusing.

If you’re serious and didn’t read the reples, why not?

I kinda get the same thing and wonder if there is any alternative or real solution? I had just tried to move some files off and it looked like they deleted but now my fuze always goes into refreshing, and i cant connect it back to the computer, it gives me a weir CRC error sometimes other times it indicated im not authorized to do that…how do I stop this? at this point I dont care about the files on the fuze, i want it to stop…

Try to force the simplest connection, MSC.

Turn the unit off by holding the power switch for 15-30 seconds AFTER it goes dark.

Slide the power switch down to click into HOLD position–there’s an orange dot in the power switch slot.

Connect the USB cord end to the computer.

Open Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer).

Hold down the << while you plug the Sansa end into the unit.

With luck the unit will pop up in Windows Explorer. Say a gentle goodbye to the files you added to the Fuze–don’t worry, it leaves the firmware alone–and right-click on the Sansa Fuze driveletter, then FORMAT…to FAT32.