SanDisk Professor
blackdog-sansa
Accepted Solution

Recommendations for converting YouTube flv to avi files?

Used to be a vixy user, but they seem to have died on the vine.  Any other ideas where you have the YouTube header and get a converted avi output?
SanDisk Guru
Black-Rectangle

Re: Recommendations for converting YouTube flv to avi files?

SanDisk Professor
blackdog-sansa

Eveybody's a wise-a**.

I DID Google.  I saw a bunch of options.

Some of them appear to be free but are not.

Some do not appear to take a youtube header and go and fetch & convert.

I am asking for personal advice or recommendations so that I can learn from others and not play with google and dead ends for hours.

thank you

mrlaw711

I use FREEZ FLV to AVI Converter.  It is free and works flawlessly.  Just do a search and download it from one of the trust sites.

You can also go to www.smallvideosoft.com and download it.

One of the people at Best Buy disconnected some gear so I could listen to all of the MP3 players and the Fuse was as good of sounding as any of them with the Sony being the best.  You had to go to a $200+ Apple iPod Touch to get the same sound quality as you can get from SanDisk for under $100.

SanDisk Guru
neutron_bob

One step, baby, use DVD Video Soft.  It's been recently updated, and the name of the YouTube video is automatically pulled for you (you can edit it for the player if desired).

Whenever I find something absurdly funny on YouTube, it's a few mouse clicks away.  The output file is converted to AVI that the Sansa is quite happy with.  I run the output through the SMC right on to the Sansa.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

SanDisk Professor
blackdog-sansa

Thank you all.
SanDisk Professor
summerlove

I think it's built into real player too
SanDisk Professor
blackdog-sansa

DVD Video Soft is GREAT!  Diverse, simple, powerful, easy to understand, does multiple batches, and FREE!  Whoo-hoo.  Thanks Bob.
SanDisk User
bragl123

The .flv files are smaller so why doesn't Sansa incorporate the ability to read .flv files for the Fuze on a future update?  The .avi file size is twice as large as the original .flv.
Paul216

I've tried  just about every video converter out there and nothing works when it comes time to use the SMC to get them on the device...

Converted YouTube vids to AVI or WMV, nothing..   SMC just gives me error for improper codec when I go to Add Media so it can be converted and placed on the device..

Any help?