RESUME PLAYBACK QUESTION

THE POP UP COMES ON AND IT SHOWS A CHOICE TO RESUME VIDEO PLAYBACK OR NOT. WELL IT NEVER DOES RESUME PLAYBACK. AM I MISSING SOMETHING , DOES IT WORK FOR OTHERS? IS THERE SOME SETTING I'M NOT SETTING RIGHT? SHOULD I BE ABLE TO JUST CLICK ON RESUME PLAYBACK AND BE A HAPPY OLD MAN?

Playback should resume if you tap the center spot of the touchpad. Before interrupting the video, does it play normally? 

You can try tapping the “play” button in the corner spot, rather than the pad center. This should have the same effect.

Does the highlighted choice switch between yes / no if the touch pad is tapped up or down?

If there’s one thing the Fuze+ does really well, it has to be photos and video. Press the upper left “back” button to get to the main menu. Go to Settings, then look at  info.  Do you have the latest firmware installed?  If you need to update, I can walk you through the process.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for the reply. I’ll try your suggestions.

No worries!  The touchpad is the quirkiest part of this machine. Ironically, it’s a Synaptics device, and they make what’s arguably the best quality. The Fuze+ uses a very small pad, which demands care when triggering it (I have really big hands, and that doesn’t help!).

There’s another trick to finding out your firmware version: press and hold your fingertip on the play/pause corner for three seconds. If the player locks, you have the early firmware. To unlock, swipe your finger over the pad as the arrow shows on the display. The later version is much better- lock/unlock is done by the top power button, making locking the touchpad much simpler, and it avoids inadvertent inputs.

Have you set your video to play in the “landscape” mode, where it fills the entire screen? The controls rotate 90 degrees to match.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m good on the firmware as my lock/unlock is done through the power button and yes on the landscape mode. Thanks again for the help, it’s much appreciated.