Quick Question

Hello,

I was just curious, can someone please confirm that the SanDisk Fuze+ 16 GB & the SanDisk 32 GB Micro SDHC work together to get a total of 48 GB without any problems?

I checked the Fuze+ owners manual online, but I couldn’t find a definate answer.

Thanks,

Duke

Well, considering that Sandisk manufactured the Fuze+ to handle all of their micro sd cards, I can’t think of a single reason why a 32gb card would not work.  The 16gb micro sd worked without hassle for me.  I would be shocked if Sandisk were to put out a new mp3 player that couldn’t actually take their own micro sd cards, whatever capacity.  4, 8, 16, or 32, shouldn’t matter. 

It is compatible with a 32GB MicroSDHC but not with a 64GB SDXC

The Fuze+ has a song limit of around 10K( 10,240 songs).

With a 16 GB Fuze+ and a 32 GB micro SDHC card giving roughly 48 GB, if your songs average 4 minutes or more, and you use 160 kbps or greater bitrate, then the song limit won’t be an issue. One person had plans to cram the player with 64 kbps songs(I guess that means around 24,000 of them!) That clearly won’t work

When the song limit is exceeded, some of the songs on the player won’t be accesible.

Hello,

Thanks for the answers & the help!

@jk98 wrote:

The Fuze+ has a song limit of around 10K( 10,240 songs).

With a 16 GB Fuze+ and a 32 GB micro SDHC card giving roughly 48 GB, if your songs average 4 minutes or more, and you use 160 kbps or greater bitrate, then the song limit won’t be an issue. One person had plans to cram the player with 64 kbps songs(I guess that means around 24,000 of them!) That clearly won’t work

When the song limit is exceeded, some of the songs on the player won’t be accesible.

Cant imagine myself having a10k of songs on my player:smileyvery-happy: I only have about 500+ songs on my sansa and I dont even recognized some of the songs. lol

I do have a lot of videos tho’

I just did another calculation. With songs averaging 3.5 minutes each, one would need to use a bitrate of 192 kbps or higher to have roughly 48 GB of music and still stay under the 10,240 song limit. I have my songs at 256 kbps MP3, but many are now using variable bitrates averaging somewhere between 160 and 192 to rip their music.

I was curious so I did some analysis of my music. My rock songs average around 3.25 minutes each, while my classical music averages around 6.1 minutes per track, bringing my overall average to roughly 4.4 minutes per track. Of course your statistics will be different than this.

@jk98 wrote:

I just did another calculation. With songs averaging 3.5 minutes each, one would need to use a bitrate of 192 kbps or higher to have roughly 48 GB of music and still stay under the 10,240 song limit. I have my songs at 256 kbps MP3, but many are now using variable bitrates averaging somewhere between 160 and 192 to rip their music.

I was curious so I did some analysis of my music. My rock songs average around 3.25 minutes each, while my classical music averages around 6.1 minutes per track, bringing my overall average to roughly 4.4 minutes per track. Of course your statistics will be different than this.

I have a wide variety of bitrates, as I didn’t rip everything myself…but I just looked at my Mediamonkey library stats. All my lossy files are there, and all my FLAC files are in foobar2000…MM stats…10,246 files, 73.2GB, 828 hours, 56 minutes, 34 seconds of music. My FLACs are converted to LAME V2 for the lossy library.

So for me, none of these database limitations of any player come into play.:smileyvery-happy:

“I have a wide variety of bitrates, as I didn’t rip everything myself…but I just looked at my Mediamonkey library stats. All my lossy files are there, and all my FLAC files are in foobar2000…MM stats…10,246 files, 73.2GB, 828 hours, 56 minutes, 34 seconds of music. My FLACs are converted to LAME V2 for the lossy library.” Interesting.

So you average song length is around 4.9  minutes. Do you have plenty of jazz or classical music?

“10,246 files, 73.2GB, 828 hours, 56 minutes,”

That is almost exactly the song limit on the Fuze+!

@jk98 wrote:

“I have a wide variety of bitrates, as I didn’t rip everything myself…but I just looked at my Mediamonkey library stats. All my lossy files are there, and all my FLAC files are in foobar2000…MM stats…10,246 files, 73.2GB, 828 hours, 56 minutes, 34 seconds of music. My FLACs are converted to LAME V2 for the lossy library.” Interesting.

So you average song length is around 4.9  minutes. Do you have plenty of jazz or classical music?

“10,246 files, 73.2GB, 828 hours, 56 minutes,”

That is almost exactly the song limit on the Fuze+!

Jazz and classical together, between 5 and 6GB.