Question regarding headphones for sansa fuze.

Hey,

Im looking for some new headphones for my sansa fuze.If there’s anyone who can help me  with this please do.I found a page on amazon.com 

Here’s the link to this page:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb\_ss\_e\_0\_9?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=sansa+headphones&sprefix=sansa+hea

Can anyone please help me by suggesting some good headphones for my sansa fuze at a reasonable price

There are tons of recommendations already on this board for headphones and earbuds.  Using the search will give you access to them… BUT… take any review or recommendation with a very large grain of salt.  Headphones or earbuds are the most personal part of the audio chain, and everybody has their own “vision” of what makes a great set.  What I may love, you may loathe.  No one set of headphones is going to be perfect for every application.

I use a set of GS 1000 Grado’s when I want to extract every single bit of sonic information from the fuze; I use Sennheizer 201’s or 202’s for general use (meaning: good, but not fantastic sound) and a pair of JVC marshmallow earbuds for talk radio applications.  

These are my preferences; yours may be completely different.

I’m sure recommendations will abound, but the only one that really knows your ears and preferences is Y-O-U.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

There are tons of recommendations already on this board for headphones and earbuds.  Using the search will give you access to them… BUT… take any review or recommendation with a very large grain of salt.  Headphones or earbuds are the most personal part of the audio chain, and everybody has their own “vision” of what makes a great set.  What I may love, you may loathe.  No one set of headphones is going to be perfect for every application.

I use a set of GS 1000 Grado’s when I want to extract every single bit of sonic information from the fuze; I use Sennheizer 201’s or 202’s for general use (meaning: good, but not fantastic sound) and a pair of JVC marshmallow earbuds for talk radio applications.  

These are my preferences; yours may be completely different.

I’m sure recommendations will abound, but the only one that really knows your ears and preferences is Y-O-U.

I have 201’s, and for the price, they’re nice…but I am definitely curious about the Grado sound. Of course, yoursare out of my budget…lol

All Grado headphones sound similar.  Of course the more expensive in the line you go, the more “refined” the sound is.  Yeah, if I couldn’t justify the GS 1000’s for studio use, I wouldn’t rush out and get them either.  I know it’s hard to find a store where you can actually audition headphones anymore; but at Grado’s prices, I wouldn’t purchase them without giving them a thorough audition first.

GB I’m jealous.

I have three girls that demand that spare cash I had for Audio years ago when single; I’m sure you can relate to that.

I used to own a set of the Stax electrostatics, big beasties, but reasonably light boxes, with their own dedicated power supply.  I see that they now make an wee portable one…

There’s another issue with the GS1000, I see.  Being limited production, I have noted that the wood used for each copy is quite different.  Simply put, if you’re going to enjoy their pinnacle achievement, most definitely try them in person if possible, so you have a shot at that wood decision too…I love wood.

Perhaps a fine zebrano or burled walnut.  Before some cry foul, note that a gearshift knob for a Volkswagen, in walnut, is $360.  The Grados are made of two blocks of fine wood.  Kind of puts the price in perspective.

For Daddy, well, I guess I’ll have to settle for the lesser model this time around, as they will need new eyeglasses soon.

Happy listening!!!  It’s a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

GB I’m jealous.

I have three girls that demand that spare cash I had for Audio years ago when single; I’m sure you can relate to that.

I used to own a set of the Stax electrostatics, big beasties, but reasonably light boxes, with their own dedicated power supply.  I see that they now make an wee portable one…

There’s another issue with the GS1000, I see.  Being limited production, I have noted that the wood used for each copy is quite different.  Simply put, if you’re going to enjoy their pinnacle achievement, most definitely try them in person if possible, so you have a shot at that wood decision too…I love wood.

Perhaps a fine zebrano or burled walnut.  Before some cry foul, note that a gearshift knob for a Volkswagen, in walnut, is $360.  The Grados are made of two blocks of fine wood.  Kind of puts the price in perspective.

For Daddy, well, I guess I’ll have to settle for the lesser model this time around, as they will need new eyeglasses soon.

Happy listening!!!  It’s a dirty job, but somebody has to do it!

I’ve got that wood gearshifter for my VW too!!:smileyvery-happy:

I never could see the point of getting a tiny little portable player and then using enormous headphones with it. I use Sennheiser PX-100, which are lightweight, portable, foldable, and sound quite nice. They’re about the size of the headphones that used to come with CD players.

Why would you use big cans with the little device?

In a word, freedom from the stereo system.  You can relax in the garden with nothing more than your trusty Fuze, and maybe a headphone amplifier, depending upon the 'phones efficiency.

Load a favorite album at a high bitrate, or even in FLAC, and the wee Fuze will really sing!

At least Grado can fit your phones with a 3.5mm plug.  That’s a nice touch.

Anyone for tea then?

@neutron_bob wrote:

Why would you use big cans with the little device?

In a word, freedom from the stereo system.  You can relax in the garden with nothing more than your trusty Fuze, and maybe a headphone amplifier, depending upon the 'phones efficiency.

Load a favorite album at a high bitrate, or even in FLAC, and the wee Fuze will really sing!

At least Grado can fit your phones with a 3.5mm plug.  That’s a nice touch.

Anyone for tea then?

Agreed 100%. I walk all over the house with full-size 'phones. At the computer, the Fuze and FiiO sit infront of me…outside the room, it’s Clip and FiiO. Coffee or tea out on the deck is splendid providing the weather is agreeable. :smiley:

I missed out on the last batch of E5s. 

I see that they are available through DX (my choice, thanks to the Tapemeister), and through MP4-something-or-other.  The latter ones have a “special edition” logo, but mine will have a Lil Monsta on it for sure.

The grados need a little more “push” in terms of voltage swing, and the E5 does the trick with a minimum of devices.  I’m going to try it versus one of the more pricey amps, as keeping the little boxes small is cool.

I think the metal case will be a bit cleaner than the breadboard version.

Bob  :wink:

@neutron_bob wrote:

I missed out on the last batch of E5s. 

I see that they are available through DX (my choice, thanks to the Tapemeister), and through MP4-something-or-other.  The latter ones have a “special edition” logo, but mine will have a Lil Monsta on it for sure.

The grados need a little more “push” in terms of voltage swing, and the E5 does the trick with a minimum of devices.  I’m going to try it versus one of the more pricey amps, as keeping the little boxes small is cool.

I think the metal case will be a bit cleaner than the breadboard version.

Bob  :wink:

I bought my E3 and E5 a month apart, and on Amazon, the actual seller was Head-Direct(they’re available there on Amazon as we speak). I did pay a few more dollars this way, but after reading accounts of people waiting and waiting for DX to catch up to the backlog of orders, I decided I didn’t want to wait. In both cases it took about a week between the final click of the mouse and tearing the box open. :smiley:

I use either the original “Boostaroo” or new “Evolution” mini headphone amps with any of my Grado’s (GS 1000, SR60 and SR80) and they all sound great running through the fuze.  I’m not too keen on the tiny headphones either, whether I’m using them in a studio environment or with the fuze.  I’m kinda of an old school guy in that respect.