Question about Battery

Hi everyone! Playing on aprox. 10% of the volume will tend to save battery?

Probably a little bit, but not much.  

Thank you! Valid answer, Two more and I’m done:

1. Shuffle vs Straight-play.

2. Brightness to min. (I assume this will save maximum battery)

Thanks in advance.

Volume doesn’t matter much as far as battery life. Shuffle probably doesn’t use that much more power. What matters most is how often the display is on and how bright it is, that you use mp3 and not another format(the others use much more power except when using Rockbox). Also using the equilizer will greatly decrease battery life.

Thank you very much! One last thought, promise! Should the battery fully discharge before recharge, or should I wait till 10-20%? (Just thinkin’ Li-Ion battery ionizes with chemical compounds rather than memory-effect the voltage stored)

Thank you!

Lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries work best when they are charged often and not emptied very often. They should be drawn down to almost empty around once a month or so to keep the battery gauge more accurate.

@jk98 wrote:

Volume doesn’t matter much as far as battery life. Shuffle probably doesn’t use that much more power. What matters most is how often the display is on and how bright it is, that you use mp3 and not another format(the others use much more power except when using Rockbox). Also using the equilizer will greatly decrease battery life.

So playing WMA uses considerably more power than playing mp3?

@tcpiii wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

So playing WMA uses considerably more power than playing mp3?

Yes, with SanDisk’s firmware, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA use more battery power to play than with MP3. Strangely enough, with Rockbox, those three give better battery life than MP3.