Problems playing songs off sd card

I have and 8gb sd and it plays most of the songs on it. The songs all show up when you go to thre artists tab and when I go to the songs tab they do not show up. Could there be a problem with my sd card?

Doubt it. More likely a problem with the files themselves or the ID3 tags.

How would I fix this problem?

And to add on. When I move the file over to the player itself, It shows up in the “songs” list

The Fuze navigates to your music based upon the embedded ID3 tags in each track.  If the track name is missing in the song field, it will be “unknown” on the player.

The ID3 tag is an integrated part of the MP3 standard.  Using a manager like Windows Media Player, the tags can be added automatically when you convert the CD to a compressed (portable) format.  If the music is from another source, as in the intertudes, this data may very well be missing.

MP3Tag is your friend in this situation, it’s free (as valuable as this program is, I recommend donating to them if you can), and it works great.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Ok, I tried using the program. I put in all the info and saved it but it still wont show up in the songs list on the player.

@zombified456 wrote:

Ok, I tried using the program. I put in all the info and saved it but it still wont show up in the songs list on the player.

Did you set the Write default to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 in the Tools menu?

Yes I did, and still nothing.

Sometimes the issue is in the existing music database.  Have you tried deleting teh tracks from the player, editing and saving the corrected files on the computer side first, then transferring the modified versions to the player anew?

I’ve had problems in the past that I thought were solved, only to wind up fighting the old database information, with corrected files on the device.

Let’s plug the Fuze+ in for a peek…

The best method would be to delete the files on the device, then load corrected versions to see if this helps.  With the earlier platform, the music database was a single file; it’s more complex in this platform.  The Fuze+ builds the database on the fly.

Are you using MSC or MTP mode?

Bob  :wink:

I tried deleting it and recopying to the card. I also converted a copy of it and added it to the player. I am copying it through mtc mode.