Problem with playlists ( M3U, M3U8's)

By the way, that’s still not technically using a windows playlist.  That’s creating a playlist in windows media and syncing it to wherever using the MTP api’s that are blackboxed within the device.

In the end, on the player it still results in the same storage as if you used drag and drop and created playlist, readable only by the device.  Bottom line is, the device is being treated and seems to have been designed to fuction in a vacuum, not an ecosystem of mutliple music avenues.

If that’s the case, simple do this. do away entirely with MSC mode. In the current state it’s barely useful. Secondly, don’t support microSD cards other than radio cards. The way it works now, and the kind of support that is being listed here indicates that the port is very much designed to be a radiocard slot, and supporting other memory is much of an after thought. I’d say do away with the slot entirely but I know Sandisk is trying to get what it can out of radio slot in terms of revenue, and I have nothing against them for that.

I’ll be honest, at this point the Fuze+ seems like flop to me. IT’s a neat litte video player but I got other devices for that .  Both the support and design seems to be very much geared to an MTP usage leaving MSC users with relatively lousy support. This is probably on the basis that Windows environments are a large percentage of the user base. But there are also windows users who do NOT want to run in MTP mode, who do not want to use blackboxed API’s (or use them as little as possible), and who do want the system to be compaitble devices that aren’t running Windows XP, Vista, or 7. 

SanDisk made a very nice little player here. However, simply put, it’s advertized as something it’s not. It doesn’t have the openness that we’ve come to expect from the Sansa lines and it’s not being advertised as it’s primary focus is on a very narrow ecosystem. My problem is that I am an advanced user, with all kinds of passive syncing and adding being done from multiple sources, with multpile playblack routes and it requires a certain level of standards being adhered to. This is sadly, a device designed for the “tell me how to do it and don’t explain” crowd and so far has not done a great job scaling up to a more advanced crowd.