Price dropped $23 in 1 week for the 8Gb...Just my luck.

Paid $111 for My 8Gb Fuze shipped last week from WallyWorld. Now I see they are $88 shipped.  Oh Well, I still feel the Fuze is worth much more than I paid.:smileyvery-happy:

Still, at one-eleven, it’s a good deal.  I paid $149 for my e280v2 mere weeks before the Fuze release, seeking the new chipset, after hearing the Clip’s sound.

You’ll love the 8GB Fuze, especially with the latest firmware, allowing better navigation.

I swap between the Fuze and v2 regularly.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I must say price point of the Fuze was a great strategy!  I would have looked at another brands if pricing was much different… But now that my wife and I  have units for I guess well over a month now I would have paid more knowing how well it worked and how much we like it…  I think we paid the same for my 8 GB unit from WalMart with shipping…And her 4 GB unit was $88.97 in the store where she got it… But if you just got yours I think you have 30 day’s and may very well have 90 days to return it for another at the better pricing…If I was in my 30 day time span I would… But I just love the unit so much I would not feel right to return it after that even if they honoured a 90 return policy…  But that’s just me… I know in store they would gladly refund the difference or have you return it for another at the new pricing… I love WalMart!! George

Sandisk…  IMO don’t change pricing …  *** Did i just say that??? I don’t believe I just said that!!!***

Just offer your 8 GB unit in other colors, Black would be nice, hint hint!!!  **Snap** up that end of the market then drop pricing!!!  **  I must be going nut’s!!  Sorry people I know not what I say…  I must have the fever, fuze fever that it… Kind a like gold fever but with great music!!  Please no Yellow units now!! LOL!! 
Yep the wife and I do love this little device!! Thank you!

Message Edited by George-W on 10-19-2008 01:34 PM

The pricing of the Fuze at Walmart is amusing!

2 GB $62.54

4 GB $77.54

8 GB $87.54

I guess this is an indication that many dislike the silver color? A $15 price increase between the 2 and 4 GB for just 2 extra gigs of memory, while only a $10 price difference between the 4 GB and 8GB for 4 extra GB of memory? This doesn’t seem to make sense. If an 8GB Fuze is released in black soon, will it be priced the same as the silver one, or perhaps higher? Will we  see a 16 GB Fuze soon enough, and if so, will it only be available in silver?

If an 8GB Fuze is released in black soon, will it be priced the same as the silver one, or perhaps higher?

I just bought a Black 8GB Fuze in the UK. I have it in my hand now.

I guess UK pricing is much higher than US pricing? I am curious. Was the 8GB Fuze more than 90 Quid? The UK pound is now around $1.73. Why didn’t the UK switch to the Euro?

@jk98 wrote:

I guess UK pricing is much higher than US pricing? I am curious. Was the 8GB Fuze more than 90 Quid? The UK pound is now around $1.73. Why didn’t the UK switch to the Euro?

I paid £69.99 including tax and delivery. That’s about $121.

Not bad at all, considering how UK pricing can sometimes be. Many have said that typically for electronics the price number in the US in dollars is around the same number as the price in the UK in pounds.

It was a good price. 20% of from MyMemory. Most places are taking closer to £90. UK pricing does tend to be a little less than £/$, although US pricing is usually before tax where UK pricing normally includes VAT.

@jk98 wrote:

Was the 8GB Fuze more than 90 Quid? The UK pound is now around $1.73. Why didn’t the UK switch to the Euro?

That’s simple!  There’s just something über cool with the £ symbol versus the goofy € . 

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I just asked the wife if she wanted to give her 4 GB Fuze away for a gift as we have all the packing and get herself the 8 GB unit for $87.54…  She said NO way!!!  We just put a 8 GB SDHC card in her unit and added more music a few days ago… Me being a guy I would have jumped at the chance but she likes her Red Fuze! Goes to show some people definitely buy a device for the color more then function…  At least it has a card slot to up the memory!! I would have preferred Black when I got my Fuze but I wanted the 8 GB so silver it was! Mine is now Black with a silicon skin on it… George  

I like the black better, so I actually bought the 4 gig one for 80.00, but I still think it’s a good deal since I can get an 8 gig card for 20 bucks or a 16 for 82.00 .

"Paid $111 for My 8Gb Fuze shipped last week from WallyWorld. Now I see they are $88 shipped.  Oh Well, I still feel the Fuze is worth much more than I paid. :smileyvery-happy: "

Go back to Walmart with your receipt. Ask for a store credit for $23, the difference between what you paid and the current price. If it within the return period there is no reason for them to say no, since they don’t want people returning things then buying them at the lower price.

Sound like TXMike bought it from Walmart on-line, rather than in a brick & mortar store, so taking the receipt into a store probably will not work.

The principle is the same though, and most retailers have a Price Guarantee policy (usually 30 days). Walmart and other similar stores usually do not hassle people over things like this. He should probably contact them by e-mail or whatever procedure they use for returns/problems with purchases made on-line. :wink:

I just got a note back from Walmart after sending then a note asking them if I could get a price adjustment . This is what they said below!! IMO You should  buy from the Store not online if you can… I have had the store refund me the difference many times over the years with no issues…  But I love the player so it was well worth the little extra we paid for it at the time… I can’t say it would have been worth $20 bucks or so if I had to wait 30 days so I could have saved the few bucks… I got many times that back in enjoyment and relaxation with the unit!! This is a good time to buy a 8 GB Fuze for sure!! Ya I guess even online rethinking it all!  George

Dear George,

My name is Emir.  I am with the Walmart.com Customer Service Team. Thank

you for allowing me to assist you today.

Your request for a Rollback price adjustment has been evaluated. An

adjustment can be made within 7 days of the order date. Unfortunately,

the 7 day adjustment period has passed and we will not be able to

process your request.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you for visiting Walmart.com.  We appreciate the opportunity to

serve you and look forward to your next visit.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at help@walmart.com.

We’re here to serve you 7 days a week!!

Sincerely,

Emir

Customer Service at Walmart.com

@george_w wrote:

Sincerely,

Emir

“We’re just not here to serve you AFTER 7 days!”

THAT’S WEAK! :angry:

@george_w wrote:

Sincerely,

Emir

“We’re just not here to serve you AFTER 7 days!”

THAT’S WEAK! :angry:

Ya I know… I did go and read there return specifics  on there web site and for MP3 players it does say 15 day’s…  I had mine over 30 so I was not going to push the issue… But Lot’s of places are a lot longer… I really didn’t think I was going to have a issue… Oh well…  I would have got my unit in store but I could not find a store with a 8 gb unit in stock…I never got turned down in the store and I returned stuff i had a heck of a lot longer…    George

7 day price guarantee . . . 15 day return policy? Sound more like Woot.com! :angry:

Thanks Walmart, for giving me one more reason NOT to shop with you (in stores or on-line)! Anybody who sells mostly ■■■■, who blatantly discriminates against it’s own employees (especially women), who has nothing to brag about except their “low prices”, where the term “Made In America” is a foreign language, and now won’t give a decent and comparable price/return policy to your ‘valued customers’, does not deserve any of my hard-earned money!

The only postive thing I can say about Walmart is that they do seem to take an active part in education, particularly geography. Just take a glance at the labels in the clothes and you’ll find countries and places on the globe you have _ never _ heard of before! :smileyvery-happy: