Possibly dead fuse!

Yesterday my Fuse would not power up.  Its still not working today… It worked Ok yesterday afternoon, but when I went to power up at night - nothing.   I have tried holding the power switch in the on position for the usuall 15 of so seconds - five or six times - and unfortunately this has not helped.  I get no response from the computer when I connect via the USB cord {I have checked the cord with my e200 sansa - and its Ok}; similarly I get nothing when I plug it into my sansa dock.  Only suggestions I can find on the forum appear to relate to soft reset.  Has anyone any other suggestions that might help?

:cry:

How long did you leave it connected to the PC? If the battery is extremely low, it may need to charge for a while before it even has enough power to turn on or respond to the computer.

Hello Professor qwk.  The battery on the Fuse was well over 50% when I turning it off in the afternoon so it should not be a battery problem.  But, in case I made a mistake and did not turn it off correctly (though at the time I tried to turned it back on there should still have been plenty of power given the charge level), and in consideration of your comments - thank you for these - I put the Fuse in its dock all night, so it has now been connected for many hours.  Unfortunately this has made no difference.  Your solution, although a good suggestion, does not appear therefore to be a solution to this problem…  It seems unlikely to be the switch - if this had gone wrong you would assume that the Fuse would still be recognised by the computer; if it was a faulty computer connection, then you would think it would still switch on - it had enough charge.  Looks like I’m going to have to find the guarantee papers…  Unless anyone else has any additional solutions!  :cry:

Message Edited by Shimbo on 06-21-2009 10:20 AM

Sounds like it’s time for a call to SanDisk Tech Support and an RMA# (Returned Merchandise Authorization). :cry:

Before calling Sansa, there’s one thing I can think of to do – a soft reset (basically, it resets the RAM, but all your files and data remain in tact). Depending on who you talk to, doing a soft reset will be holding te power button in the ON position for ten seconds to a minute.

Reset time will vary depending upon the nature of the error.  If you have sensitive headphones on, you will hear a soft “click” as the Sansa resets.

µsansa

Thank you all - interesting note on the soft click but unfortunately there is none - even after a very long wait…  Seems its time to call SanDisk Tech Support - thanks again.