Playlist Creator 3 Problem

I need some help with Playlist Creator 3 (3.5). I have read the posts but still can’t do it. I have tried setting output to both Absolute and Relative but I always get an “empty” list. I would appreciate click by click instructions as I am not too good at this. Here is what I am doing: It may be important to say that I cannot use Drop and Drag to add files.

1. Plug in Sansa Fuze
  2. Start Playlist Creator
  3. Add files by clicking the “add filess” icon and navigating to “Sansa Fuze 4GB” using  Windows Explorer
  4. I choose only two MP3 files (I am using the factory included music files)
  5. I create and save the m3u to C:\music
  6. I close Playlist Creator
  7. I test the m3u and it works from C:\Music
  8. I copy the m3u to Playlists folder on the Fuze (I also tried copying to the Music folder)
    9 I unplug and try the list but it is empty

Wuzup??

If I create a pls the path is always (Relative or Absolute)

File1=\Documents and Settings\Steve\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\059AVGXQ\The_Red_Thread_-_Wax_Museum[1].mp3

I don’t use Playlist Creator, but your problem is that you’re moving the playlist file to the PLAYLISTS folder. M3u format playlists must be in the MUSIC folder alongside your music. Save it directly to the MUSIC folder on your player, not on your C: drive. Only .pla format playlists go in the PLAYLISTS folder.

I’m curious though, why can’t you drag & drop folders/files?

I have copied the .3mu to both (at separate times) to the Music folder on the Fuze and the Playlist folder. Either way the Playlist name is displayed but it is empty.

You say to save it “directly” to the music folder. Do you mean that I can copy it to the folder (which I am doing)? The program will not let me save it to the Fuze, in fact the Fuze is not listed in the program drop down list of folders.

I can create a Playlist using music from the Fuze and my hard drive and save it to the hard drive. It plays fine. I can drop and drag titles from the HD but not from the Fuze.

Playlist Creator makes m3u and pls. What is pla?

Thanks for your response

Steve K

It appears that the Fuze will not Drop and Drag to PlayList Creator in the USB Auto mode. In AUTO mode it will the playlists will show as “Empty” in the player (I believe that this is because the file path in not properly referenced). Everything works as expected in MSC mode.

@boa999 wrote:
It appears that the Fuze will not Drop and Drag to PlayList Creator in the USB Auto mode. In AUTO mode it will the playlists will show as “Empty” in the player (I believe that this is because the file path in not properly referenced). Everything works as expected in MSC mode.

I NEVER trust the Auto-Defect setting. It defaults to MTP 99% of the time, and despite SanDisk’s claim that you can now drag & drop in this mode, you’ve found out that this is a ‘conditional’ funtion.

MSC is the only way to go IMO. Unless you need MTP for Rhapsody or something.

Glad to hear you got your playlist to work! :smiley: