Pictures Syncing from Computer

I have hundreds of pictures that have been downloaded to my Fuze that I was unaware of. Apparently when I sync it uploads pictures from my Kodak EasyShare program. Is there anyway to stop this? Is there an easy way to delete all these pics from my Fuze? I have found the user guide I have completely useless on this topic. Thanks!!

Windows Media Player is your culprit. It is finding the photos on your computer, adding them  to its media library and then trying to dump the whole media library onto your poor unsuspecting Fuze.

You need to change the sync settings on Windows Media Player. Open WMP, connect the Fuze, go to the Sync tab and find Options. Take it off Auto and make it Manual. Un-check any option to sync photos, etc. You may have to go into Advanced. (It’s hard to be more specific because every version of WMP moves around the settings and what they are called.)  Click all through Tools and Settings until you’ve got it under control.

With the Fuze connected to WMP you should be able to click through Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer) and find where the photos are and delete them. If this happened all at once you could group them by Date Modified.

If you like using Windows Media Player’s other features, then leave it alone once you’ve got it synching manually.

But unless you are really fond of Windows Media Player playlists, you don’t really need it messing with the Fuze.  For total manual control you can go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and switch to MSC. This makes the Fuze act like a basic disc drive–if you want something moved over, you drag and drop or copy and paste.

The problem is, the Fuze was either on MTP mode or Auto Detect (which sends it to MTP mode if you have Windows Media Player on your computer). Your computer can only see files sent in one mode at a time–so if you put it in MSC, the files that went over via MTP will be invisible on your computer (the Fuze itself still sees them). 

So if you really want to go all-manual, you’d be best off starting fresh. First, make sure you have copies of everything you want on the Fuze on your computer. Then, on the Fuze itself when it’s disconnected from the computer, Settings/System Settings/Format, which erases everything you have added to the Fuze. Then switch to MSC and put the stuff back.

But if you’re otherwise happy with Windows Media Player, there’s no need to do all that. Just fix the Sync settings.

Thank you SO much! I was not looking forward to deleting 500+ pictures one by one! Problem solved and great info on how to avoid problem in the future.

Ive been trying to figure out how to keep the album cover image when transfering the files manually???

If I sync through WMP then I loose everything I had on the player before the sync…I just recnetly lost over 1500 songs adding 3 new albums, where if I had just done it manually, I wouldnt have had the album art…but Id still have my collection. ARG!!!

Sync means WMP will match what is on your Fuze to what is on your computer in WMP’s media library.   If the album is not still on your computer, bye-bye to the Fuze copy.

Which is why I never trust automated processes like that.

Do it manually. If you have full albums in a folder, that folder is likely to have the cover as album.jpg or folder.jpg.  If you are dealing with individual songs, you might have to put the song in a separate folder and  download the album cover–find it on Amazon and right-click on it–and put it in the folder renamed album.jpg or folder.jpg.

Would this be something that would be better suited if I changed from auto detect to one of the other USB modes…cause I find when i do it manually I lose the album art.

Ive got all my music backed up on an eGo and Im just about ready to reformat my Fuze and memory cards…as my player isnt displaying any of the album art, unless I sync and Ive lost too much recently to trust it again wihtout doing it ALL over again.

BTW, Ive had my Fuze for over 2 years…and Ive purchased a handful for gifts for friends and family…but Im not as familiar with everything as much as Id like to be.

Is there any manditory reading that any of you could suggest?

Ive been reading up on the forums, but Im only getting more and more confused as it gets more and more technical.

And whats a “Rockbox”???

Sorry for my newby newbness and questions.

PS, tried a Fuze+ for a couple of weeks and returned it…■■■■■ in comparison!

I don’t use WMP so I can’t tell you about the album art.

If you want to use WMP, leave it in MTP. If you don’t want to use Windows Media Player,   use MSC (though you can also use WMP with it). Auto Detect, sooner or later, will mess up.

Go to the source: the user’s manual.

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/UserManual/FUZE/fuze_userguide_en.pdf

Rockbox is alternate firmware that loads instead of the Sansa firmware–you install it alongside the Sansa firmware. It’s a little geeky, and it’s not as user-friendly as the Sansa firmware until you learn your way around it, but it has some features people like–including gapless playback.

www.rockbox.org

“I don’t use WMP so I can’t tell you about the album art.”

So I take it you dont get album art with the drag and drop without WMP?

I did more research today about getting my album art to show, I even watched a video about it…even followed dirrections, but still cant get my art to show. And after reading several threads about MTC and MSC Im so confused that Im ready to call it a day and just giv eup ont he dman album art!

“So I take it you dont get album art with the drag and drop without WMP?”

My albums have the album art as a file called folder.jpg or album.jpg, in the same folder as the songs. When I transfer those folders via MSC the album art is there.If the album art isn’t in the folder, I go to Amazon and save a small version of the album cover as album.jpg into the album folder before transferring. 

Some people rip albums so that the album art is imbedded in every mp3. I don’t know whether those work right on the Fuze. When I get those albums, I use mp3tag and Extended View, which has a way to extract the album art from the individual files and make it folder.jpg.

I was just saying I don’t know how WMP handles album art.

@sprocket wrote:

I did more research today about getting my album art to show, I even watched a video about it…even followed dirrections, but still cant get my art to show. And after reading several threads about MTC and MSC Im so confused that Im ready to call it a day and just giv eup ont he dman album art!

If you are okay with embedded album art, MP3Tag will do that for you.  Then you can set the player to MSC mode and just drag-and-drop your music onto the fuze and --bingo!–your music has album art.  The actual album art file doesn’t even have to be included when adding your music to the player, although if it is, it should not cause any issues.  It’ll only take up more memory space.

Just have the album art, named, as Black-Rectangle posted, album.jpg in the folder with the songs from the same album.  The album art should not be very large, like 1280X1280.  That will cause a lag in going from one song to the next in the fuze.  I have found that there is no one size that is needed.  It can be 120X120, 200X200, even as high as 500x500, is okay.  Although, the larger the size, the more memory space it’ll use up, of course.

Then, in MP3Tag, click on “file” and then “change directory”.  Then open the folder with the songs that you want to embed the album art into, then highlight or select all the songs, and in the lower left-hand corner of the window, right-click on the generic album art icon.  Select “add cover”.  A window should open in that folder listing the album art file.  Click on that and then click on the “open” button. 

The album art should show up in place of the generic icon.  Then be sure to click on “save”.  If you don’t do that, the album art will not be embedded nor linked to the songs.

Then just drag-and-drop the folder into your fuze.

Let me know how it goes.