No option to safely remove fuze plus

I can see the fuze+ and even transfer files back and forth (Windows Vista). However, there is no option to eject or safely remove it. I also tried manually bringing up the safely remove dialog with “RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll” and nothing is in the list. The only way I know to safely remove it is to put my computer in sleep mode or shut it off and then unplug the fuze. Obviously this isn’t the ideal way to remove it.

Does anyone know what is going on or how to fix it?

Thank you.

It’s MTP It never had a safety remove Sandisk can’t fix it only MS can. Just unplug it when it doesn’t say DO NOTE DISCONNECT and you should be fine.

If the device is connected in MTP mode it is addressed as a media device.  File transfers are done without caching as may happen in MSC, where the device is seen as a flash drive.  As long as the device does not display “reading / writing”, or in the case with the Fuze+ “Do Not Disconnect”, you will be OK.

If you have Windows Media Player 10 or later installed (Vista OS), the device can communicate in MTP mode.

The taskbar will show the Safely Remove icon if the Fuze+ is in MSC mode only.  To check this, open a Windows Explorer “My Computer” or “Computer” window.  If the Fuze+is listed as a media device, without a drive letter assigned to it, you’re in MTP mode.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Yup what he said…

If you connect in MSC mode you WILL see it

and if connect with out doing anything it will default to MTP mode

and thus you will NEVER see that eject prompt, because you don’t need it.

So don’t worry about it just pull it out when NOT transfering and your fine

and the option to connect in MSC mode is in the player options menu

Also if you connect in MSC mode you will see more of the filesystem on the Fuze+

Becarefull deleting stuff if you do that :wink: