No more new images issue...

I had somewhere around 104 images in different folders in my

Photo folder in the root of my Fuze+ and everything was fine,

until one day I could’nt add more pics to the fuze.

Neither the Fuze or the added memory card were anywhere close

to full, with more than 2,8 and 14,3 GB free space.

No matter what I do the player refuces to see any more picsthat gets

put on there.

I’ve tried renaming stuff, changing directory to the memory card, removing

the Write Protection on all files on the Fuze+ and even reformated the whole

thing.

If I delete the pics they disappear and when I put them on there again they

show up again, but only the 104 pics I had when the trouble began.

All my images I’ve decreased in size manually and none of them have any

strange name that might cause the problem. All are made for the 320 pixel

size.

New folders gets recognized and the player displays the names corectly,

but no new pics shows up at all…

Have I run into the maximum file limit or some other limit?

I’ve added more music and album arts lately without problems.

Anyone got any Idea what’s going on?

Did I cause a rift in the space time by storing pics also on my memory card,

which acctually worked flawlessly?

:cry:

Okay. I’ve still got the same problem…    :neutral_face:

* Does anybody know which file is responsible for the Image Database on a

Sansa Fuze +?

I’d like to delete (temporarily move to a safe location) it to see if my image file

index gets rebuilt…

i think its the *.dat files on the root of the device

as seen when connecting in msc mode (you won’t see them in MTP mode)

sounds weird and i havn’t put that many pics on mine so i dunno what to suggest

other than what you already thought of (reset/delete the database)

good luck

I suppose you could try deleting the FastJPG folders, as well. I somehow doubt that might help, but it’s worth a try.

Hmmm. Tried both of your suggestions and yet another reformat and Fabric Settings.

I simply can’t add any more pics to the Sansa Fuze+.

I would like to be able to reset the player one step further then the Format of it achives,

however that can be possible. (I’ve read about others having similar experiences here.)

Anyway, this is the last issue I have with the Sansa Fuze+. I have managed to solve all

other troubles I’ve had with it, even managed to give all my album the correct album arts!

Eventhough the last three album arts did put up quite a fight before they showed up…

I might be a simpel individual, but now I have all my greatest music, in high quality and

some video concerts all stored on one Fuze+. I never thought that would be possible!

All my “Reference category” music!

:smiley:

I’m determined to eventually solve this Image issue, just so I truethfully can say that the

Sansa Fuze+ is a brilliant player!

I love it! :smileyvery-happy:

Any more suggestions concerning the Images Issue would be welcome!

How large are the images? If they are any larger than what the screen size is, you’re wasting memory and is probably causing the inability to add more. Just as there is a finite number of songs you can put put the device in the form of a database limitation, it logically follows that there is a finite amount of space allocated to pictures/images. In fact, it could be that these are catalogued in the same database as the music info, and so you have reached the limit.

How large are the images? If they are any larger than what the screen size is, you’re wasting memory and is probably causing the inability to add more. Just as there is a finite number of songs you can put put the device in the form of a database limitation, it logically follows that there is a finite amount of space allocated to pictures/images. In fact, it could be that these are catalogued in the same database as the music info, and so you have reached the limit.

I would try reducing the size of a few of these images and see if it frees up any space to where you can add a few more. If it works, then you have solved your issue.

All my images I have reduced in size manually in Photoshop, so they are all

320 x 240 pixels and probably as small as they can reasonably be.

104 pics - 3,31 MB in 16 folders

It is definately not a problem with disc space or number of files, as I’ve reformated

and tried adding more images there when the player has been empty of music

and images.

I have also added a lot of music and videos after this image problem appeared,

and adding those works perfectly.

If I sort my Images by Date 9 of them gets sorted into the Unknown Date category

• meaning the player don’t know when they were added - , so there definately is

something wrong somewhere…

I am super cautious when mucking about with anything computer related like a

mp3-player. I even had a Back Up copy of all the files on the Fuze+ taken before

the image issue started and I’ve even tried copying them back to the Fuze+ right

after a new reformat. Without any luck…

It’s just like the Fuze+ won’t update the images index somehow.

I know this is a rather small problem, but I’d really like to understand how the

player works, before trying with RockBox and what not.

I really would like to use the Image function properly, as it adds significantly to

my listening experience. :neutral_face:

Is there really no method to return the Fuze+ to it’s original fabric settings “Level 0”

reformat? Formating it and updating the Firmware the normal way still leaves

traces of my earlier images and folders…

Yours

Concerto_Major

:stuck_out_tongue:

WOOHOOO!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Dramatic Improvement!

I put all of my pics straigt into my Photo folder in the Fuze+, without any folders, and

when I looked there the player froze! After starting it again I tried adding some more

I made with the Video4Fuze.

That folder and about 20 new pics showed up (even if the pics were a bit small.

Some progress has been made and I might be able to rebuild and expand my Image

collection!

I consider the issue solved and will report back in a few days, when I’ve worked some

more with it!

:smiley:

@concerto_major wrote:

Is there really no method to return the Fuze+ to it’s original fabric settings “Level 0”

reformat? Formating it and updating the Firmware the normal way still leaves

traces of my earlier images and folders…

Then the formatting is not completing correctly. Are you doing it with the on-board Format option in the Settings menu on the player? There should be no user-added content (or remnants of same) afterward.

Concerto_Major wrote:

I put all of my pics straigt into my Photo folder in the Fuze+, without any folders , and

when I looked there the player froze! After starting it again I tried adding some more

I made with the Video4Fuze.

I don’t believe the player is designed to (or can) handle multiple folder/file hierarchies within the Photos folder, or at the very least it appears as there is some sort of limitation on this, as you seem to have discovered.

If you can reduce the number of folders, or eliminate them altogether you’ll probably be able to see all your pics.