No access to files

“I have a Sansa Fuse that has lost access to my audio files.”  they are still on the memory but I have no access at all. they are not listed…

I have tried resetting the factory setting, but nothing changed.

My fuse is about 3 years old, past any warranty. If there was any.

Is there any hope for this device???.

Give us some more information like the type (format, bit-rate) of the files and what, if anything has happened between when they were accessible and when they weren’t. Are you talking about access on the player or via your computer?

Resetting the factory settings will do nothing but reset your personal/customizable settings. Give us some more to go on, and I’m sure someone can help you.

I was having trouble when I plugged in a micro sd disc… so I was taking it easy putting it in. The fuse would freeze up and I would have to wait until the battery ran down to start again.

This time it happened when I plugged it into a computer to down load audio books from the library. I could not turn it off. the battery ran down and the problem was still there. re-setting the factory settings usually works. but this time there is a new problem:

non of the audio books (mostly WMA some MP3)  are listed  but the data storage still shows only 508mg, so I figure they are still on it.

I have no Idea about the play rate etc. I plugged a card in and it will play the card, they are listed like normal.

could this problem be from a short made by dust lice getting in the card port? an I open the device and clean it out?

does tyhet snsa clip have a custom equilizer? not the preset type that never gets full sound…?

If you can get to the Fuze screen go to Settings/System Settings/USB Mode and try MTP–connect it to your computer and see if you can find the files through WIndows Explorer. If that doesn’t work, try MSC and connect.

Usually if you hold the power button up for a long time–15 to 30 seconds, which is longer than you think–you can get the Fuze to shut off without waiting for the battery to run down.

508MB? 508KB? if it’s kb you may have crowded it so much the database won’t work.

@jawnn wrote:

I was having trouble when I plugged in a micro sd disc… so I was taking it easy putting it in. The fuse would freeze up and I would have to wait until the battery ran down to start again.

If you are talking about inserting a micro SD card, you should only be doing this while the player is turned OFF. And anytime the player freezes up you can simply do a reset (holding power button for 20-30 secs.) as advised to shut the player down,. You don’t have to wait for the battery to run down.

@jawnn wrote:

This time it happened when I plugged it into a computer to down load audio books from the library. I could not turn it off.

Again, use the reset procedure if the player freezes up. If you are downloading audio books from the library, is your player set to MTP mode? It must be to transfer the licensing information so the files will play. Also, you must use the Overdrive Media Console (in most cases) to do the downloading and transfer to the player. Transference of “protected” files like this are iffy when using an external memory card.

@jawnn wrote:

could this problem be from a short made by dust lice getting in the card port? an I open the device and clean it out? 

Doubt it and not advised.

@jawnn wrote:

does tyhet snsa clip have a custom equilizer?

Yes.

Tuesday I was listening to my SD card all day and the power got down to 26 % and it just died! I was unable to even charge it up. it refused to come.

Yesterday when I got  home I tryed it again and it worked, I was able to charge it up, But still unable to see the audio book listings.

All of the suggestions above are wrong.

And this posting form is not working right, it insisted that I was using a word banned on this forum.

@jawnn wrote:

Tuesday I was listening to my SD card all day and the power got down to 26 % and it just died! I was unable to even charge it up. it refused to come.

Yes, it will shut down when the battery level drops to anywhere from 20-35%. That’s normal to prevent permanent battery damage. You shouldn’t have to wait overnight to charge it up; just plug it in. It may not come on right away, but it will when it’s ready to.

@jawnn wrote:

But still unable to see the audio book listings.

Are the ID3 tags correct and in the proper format. Remember your player displays the info contained in the tags on its display screen, not the file names.

@jawnn wrote:

And this posting form is not working right, it insisted that I was using a word banned on this forum.

There was an issue with the censor filter blocking certain words that contained and “h” and an “o” together. That has now been corrected.

although

thought

without

holding

hoarding

See? :smiley:

Hi Jawnn, these audio book listing. Did these worked before? This is to isolate if it’s an id3 tag issue or not.

@rickyjm wrote:
Hi Jawnn, these audio book listing. Did these worked before? This is to isolate if it’s an id3 tag issue or not.

I wouldn’t worry about it after 3 months. I’m sure if the OP was still having problems, he would’ve replied again before now and this wouldn’t be a dead thread.

In the future, please take note of the date a post was made before replying to it. There’s no advantage or benefit to anybody to

Resurrecting dead threads is only allowed on Oct. 31st, Halloween, when it’s okay for the dead to rise up. :wink: