Newbie with speaker compatibility question

The Fuze is newer so it may just be a case of the packaging (of the speakers) or the description being updated. The Fuze uses the same ‘propriatary’ 30-pin connecter as the others and should work, unless the player (Fuze) sits or plugs into a receptacle to hold the device (like the Sansa Docking station). Because the Fuze’s headphone jack is located on the bottom of the unit, the connector port is off-set, so this profile is different than the ‘centered’ connector port on the ‘E’ & ‘C’ series.

If the speakers connect via the headphone jack and are either un-powered or self-powered with their own amp (many have batteries), anything with a headphone output will work safely. Just be leary and read everything carefully (and/or look at it) if it touts the buzzwords, “Works with I-pods”. Somtimes this is just to grab your attention as the I-pod has the greatest name-brand recognition (it’s almost becoming a generic term for any mp3 player), but if the accessory is called an “I-whatever” and uses the connector port, be aware that these ports look similar and the Apple cable will fit (sort of), but the power is applied to different pins and this will fry your Fuze!