Newbie with docking station question

Is there any reason to purchase a docking station if you are not going to plug it in to your computer?

We only have 1 computer and it’s in the family room. My daughter wants to be able to charge her Fuze in her bedroom and also listen to her music on speakers there. Do we need a docking station to do this or can we just buy a wall charger and some speakers?

I’d definitely go for a wall charger and a jack to RCA cable to plug it to any home stereo system.

A docking station implies that you’ll keep your sansa for a long time and eventually replace it with another compatible sansa DAP.

On the other hand, a standard usb wall charger and a jack to RCA cable (or any computer speakers with a jack input) can be used with any DAP.

Thank you for saving me from spending all that money!! I thought that was the case but I just was not sure.

@tom_tom wrote:

I’d definitely go for a wall charger and a jack to RCA cable to plug it to any home stereo system.

A docking station implies that you’ll keep your sansa for a long time and eventually replace it with another compatible sansa DAP.

On the other hand, a standard usb wall charger and a jack to RCA cable (or any computer speakers with a jack input) can be used with any DAP.

That’s what I did too! The charger accessory kit and the patch cable together were less than $20…definitely the way to go :smiley: