New Sansa Firmware?

From what some have been saying, there should be a new Sansa firmware update soon? Is this a myth or is there another one coming?

Another one is due out in November, and since they’ve already said that some of the issues aren’t going to get fixed in that one, I’d look for another one maybe in January. But that’s just my guess.

Also do you think that there’d be a new update to any other Sansa players? Possibly the e200 series?

Now you’re dreaming! :smileyvery-happy:

I’d like to think that there will be, but I ain’t holdin’ my breath. :wink:

NO WAIK ME UP! Just asking since there wasn’t a firmware update in a while and I’d like to see the kool new splash screen on it.

@dennizvu1107 wrote:
NO WAIK ME UP! Just asking since there wasn’t a firmware update in a while and I’d like to see the kool new splash screen on it.

Huh?

There was a firmware update for the Fuze 19 days ago.

If you’re thinking there’s gonna be new firmware coming out every couple of weeks you’re in for a BIG disappointment.

@eddiehaskell wrote:

If you’re thinking there’s gonna be new firmware coming out every couple of weeks you’re in for a BIG disappointment.

Read’em & weep . . .

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=5590#M5590

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&message.id=5249#M5249

:stuck_out_tongue:

Wow… it must be nice to own a Sandisk product that they actually seem interested in working the bugs out of.

Dood. I was talking about the e200 series?

@dennizvu1107 wrote:
Dood. I was talking about the e200 series?

Dood… then perhaps you should post in the e200 series forum… ya think?

I was talking about the Fuze and then kinda asked about the e200 series?

I’d like to think SanDisk would update at least the e200 series v2, but like I said . . .

Personally, I’m keeping my

Well… not to rain on your parade, but if they release new firmware for the retired e200 series before they release new firmware for the View I think my head will explode.  LOL

Besides… isn’t Rockbox ported to the e200 series?

@eddiehaskell wrote:

Besides… isn’t Rockbox ported to the e200 series?

Only the V1.  The newer V2s are a different hardware platform, more similar to the Clip and Fuze.

For the v2, my fingers are crossed with Tapeworm’s.

Bob  :wink: