Need to replace Windows Media Player

I’ve had my Sansa Fuze for a couple of years and everything has always been great until today I noticed that a large number of tunes had the wrong genre.  How this happened I have no clue because that’s something I rarely mess with and this particular tunes had been on the Fuze for quite a while.  I suspect Windows Media Player had something to do with it.  I’m running Vista Office.  I used a MP3 Tag editor to change the genre on all these tunes and they’re now correct on the computer but that information won’t sync to the Fuze.  There is also a “Pictures” directory on my computer which is supposed to be ignored but Media Player keep filing up the Fuze with the photos whenever I add new music.  I would like to completely uninstall Media Player and install a new version but it doesn’t show up in the Control Panel so I can uninstall it.  Any ideas?  Any ideas for an alternative to Media Player that will sync with the Fuze?  I don’t like Rhapsody at all, so that isn’t an option.

Try Winamp at winamp.com or MediaMonkey at mediamonkey.com. For mp3 ripping, Winamp wants you to pay. But you can download lame_enc.dll and put it in C:\Program Files\Media Monkey from LAME.

try dbpoweramp, if you decide you like the trial, buy it, and I would advise ripping to ogg vorbis using between q-0 and q-4 for quality settings :slight_smile:

for loading music onto the player, just use explorer(windows explorer) to drag and drop the files/folders to the player, this works in msc and mtp modes so that shouldnt be an issue.

also for editing mp3 tags or most other types of tags, get mp2tag, that will let you change tags of files en-mass(easy as hell)

I would strip the extra un-needed tag info(stuff you dont care about or need) as it will speed up the database refresh(i was suprised but it really works)

I have 2 fuzes here, a v1 and a v2 both 8gb, and both are rockboxed, I find using dbpoweramp and drag and drop(via windows explorer) to be far more convenient then using any app to do the work(its actually less work to just keep your music/albums in their own folders and drag what you want to the fuze)

if you MUST have a media manager, try doubletwist, its alot like itunes (yuck)

Black-Rectangle wrote:
Try Winamp at winamp.com or MediaMonkey at mediamonkey.com. For mp3 ripping, Winamp wants you to pay. But you can download lame_enc.dll and put it in C:\Program Files\Media Monkey from LAME.

+1 on Mediamonkey.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 07-10-2010 02:34 PM