Need help with Sansa Fuze not turning on..

Hi everyone, I’m a new user in this forum, so pardon me if I have posted in the wrong section.

Anyways, I have this Sansa Fuze that I purchased way back in 2008 / 2009, I can’t remember. Anyways, everyhing was going well with it, I was using the pouch and all to protect it from scratches until I lost it, haha. Then I purchased a phone, and I’ve been using that ever since. But here is my dilemma now.

I had recently given this MP3 player to my sister to keep while she’s on the road, and she seemed to have dropped it. When she dropped it, the power switch seemed to become loose, and there was no way to turn it back on, unless you plugged it into the PC, she was fine with that. But the problem that made me completely confused now was this:

I went into the “Diagnosis” menu out of curiousity, just to see what was there, I was actually surprised, because I never knew that this menu existed, but after I had gone to the last menu, the fuze shut off. I thought that usually plugging it in would turn it on, but that seems to not work any more.

I have tried applying pressure to where the switch is and hopefully pushing it up long enough to make contact and turn it on to where the media refresh comes up, but I’ve had no luck. Is there anyone out there that could recommend me something?