Need first gen sansa fuze to play only one song at a time ?

I do the music for certain dance classes and use the sansa fuze linked upto an amp and speaker system, i only wish the player could play only one song at a time and then stop.I need it to stop so the next steps of the class can be taught but then need to forward to the next song but the player automatically goes to the next track and plays.Its a shame you can’t pick a certain track from a list you have made without having the option to only play that song and using the ‘go list’ for a number of songs is no good .I end up having to watch the track to the end so i dont miss it and then pause it. We could do with a firmware upgrade for this facility.

If you select from the SONG menu, it will only play that 1 track and not any others.

Since there won’t be any firmware updates do a workaround.

The Fuze plays music by its tags, so you can trick it by changing the tags. Mp3tag is great free tagging software.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Install mp3tag.  When you install, let it add itself to context menus (an option while installing).

Open mp3tag and in Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg make the Write option ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.  That’s what the Fuze likes best.

Copy the songs you want into a new folder. 

Right-click on the folder and choose mp3tag to open it.

Now you can fiddle with the tags. Highlight each file and change the album name for each song to the sequence you want, like 01-Dance, 02-Dance, etc.

Highlight all the files and change Artist to one thing, like Dance Class.

Then you can go to Artists on the Fuze, go to Dance Class, and play one “album” at a time by that fantastic artist, Dance Class.

You’ll still see the song titles, because you haven’t changed them.

It’s a little kludgy, but it should do the job.

I have the first gen fuze,thumbwheel not touch ?

Oh and just tried from song menu and still skips to next track when finished ? Thanks for reply though

We’re talking about the thumbwheel Fuze here, not the touchscreen Fuze Plus (+).

Try the workaround. Do a few tracks first to make sure it works.