My Sansa Fuze won't turn on, even when connected to the computer

@torrrindude2011 wrote:

would this delete the songs i already have when i hold the switch to “on” 4 15 minutes. Tell me thanx. 

@black_rectangle wrote:

Not 15 minutes. 15-30 SECONDS.

That’s a good catch there BR . . .

But I still think the answer would be No. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Two days before Christmas is no time to have my hardware break on me. Long car rides to see the family with no music = death. Thanks again!

MYY SANSA WILL NOT TURN ON IF I STILL HOLD IT FOR 15SECONDS I WILL TRY AND TRY IT WAS CHARED FOR 2 DAYS 2 DAYS AND IT WILL NOT TURN ONN PLEASE HELPP

Thanks for the info folks. My daughter received this fuze for Christmas and it got wet enough to fog the screen just a couple weeks after she got it. Well everyone had given up on it, so I took it and let it dry out really well, followed your advice about holding the power button on for 15 seconds ( it wouldn’t respond to anything before ), and viola… Its working fine now. Thanks to everyone.

Never say thank you yet had to to the person that gave the advice startup the seemingly dead Sansa Fuse. Was out walking my dog, listening to my tunes and all of a sudden the world of music stopped and so did my walk! I have never had a problem with it and take excellent care of my fuse.

Nothing worked so I came to the forum before making another purchase…read your post and followed the switch to hold and connect to computer and presto…it is good as new!

Thank you so much! Love my sansa :slight_smile:

uh…oops i DID throw mine at a wall when it wouldnt connect to the computer any more. now it wont turn on whatsoever. 

i threw mine too cuz my computer wouldnt recognize it anymore and my music got erased somehow after i tried to plug it into an ipod dock (not the smartest idea because it split the bottom open) im assuming thts why mine doesnt work anymore but i have no idea if i can save it.

@skailarvanity wrote:

uh…oops i DID throw mine at a wall when it wouldnt connect to the computer any more. now it wont turn on whatsoever. 

Bad idea #1

@skailarvanity wrote:

i threw mine too cuz my computer wouldnt recognize it anymore and my music got erased somehow after i tried to plug it into an ipod dock (not the smartest idea because it split the bottom open)

Bad idea #2

This will fry your Fuze as the pins/plugs are wired differently.

@skailarvanity wrote:

im assuming thts why mine doesnt work anymore but i have no idea if i can save it.

You assume correctly. Better luck with your next one.

thank you thank you soooo muchg!! worked like a charm!!

Have a great day!!

Oh my gosh! I was trying what everyone said but, it didn’t work. I was ready to smash it or something. But, luckily you saved me and my beautiful music!! :slight_smile:

mine wont turn on either. i have a sansa fuze 4gig. i connected it to my ps3 to put some music in the ps3 (ive done this countless times before). the sansa froze on the “Sansa” screen. i held the power switch for 15 seconds to turn it off, which worked, but now it wont turn back on.

when i first connected it to a computer, it said that the device is not recognized. a bit after, the message said that it was recognized needs to be reformatted. now its giving me a message saying “One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem,  click this message.”

holding the switch for 15-30 seconds has not worked. the computer im using is the same one ive been using to put music onto the fuze. right now, im leaving it connected to see if it just needs a charge.

EDIT:  huh. i was just repeatedly flipping the on switch and it turned on. it even remembered the song it was on when i last turned it off. the battery level was a little under half. i turned it off to see if it would turn back on and it doesnt.

EDIT 2:  the computer is asking me to reformat the fuze again. clicking the ok button reveals a window. it tells me that the capacity for the device is 4.03 MB. file system is FAT (Default). Allocation Unit Size: 1024 bytes.

EDIT 3:  tried it again in the morning, its working now. the computer recognizes it and i can go into it. its even turning on and showing the charging screen again. it just fixed itself lol

EDIT 4:  im just kidding lol. it doesnt work again.

Thank you sooo much. It worked, now i dont have to buy another one. THANK YOU!

Thanks soo much!!!

Wow!  Thanks!  You have made a Godess in my 10 year old son’s eyes because I revived his dead mp3 player.  =)

YES, holding power switch on for a full 15 seconds DID work. thanks!!

Help. I was in the gym listening to the Grateful Dead when the sansa fuze stopped and went black. The battery when I started was fine. Now it won’t even register with the computer.

You follks are awesome. I held the thingamabob as suggested. It powered off and then started normally.

Thank you muchly

@edythe wrote:

I was in the gym listening to the Grateful Dead when the sansa fuze stopped and went black.

Critics . . . everywhere. :laughing:

Although to be fair, the Dead sometimes puts my lights out too.

:stuck_out_tongue:

thankz…helped me out…i was ready 2 threw my sansa against the wall…