My Sansa Fuze 32Gb External Card Crucible....

Re-ripping CD music at higher quality is a good idea.

Re-ripping a low-bitrate file to a high-bitrate file is a waste of space.

But really–you should retry Rockbox. It rarely gives people trouble. If it does give you trouble then its programmers should be able to help you.

Music Bee? Looks interesting.

As I explained elsewhere, there is a redundant tag called Album Artist, different from Artist or Album. You can see the field in mp3tag, and you can delete that without deleting Artist.

SanDisk probably should somehow explain that a 32GB card will tax the database capacity of its firmware. It probably could publish the actual character limit of its database. But it can’t really establish a number of songs, or files, or playlists, because those are so variable. And frankly I think it has moved on from the Fuze–not bothering with any further documentation, firmware updates. etc.

You can get a 16GB card nowadays for $5 plus shipping from Amazon. You could keep a couple of them in your wallet. If you are really desperate for a particular song you could swap a 16GB card in and out of the Fuze.

Or you can make Rockbox work. Probably with a much simpler fix than what you have already gone through.www.rockbox.org is very helpful.

There are a couple of ways to approach software/hardware. One is the aggrieved, they ■■■■, how dare they, they are personally trying to screw me approach.  The other is the amused, curious, wonder how this works, oh that’s a limitation, here’s an interesting problem, maybe there’s a workaround  method. That’s what the Rockbox folks do, and more power to them.

1 Like