My Fuze+ just randomly died on me...=(

Well, to be honest it actually died nearly a 6 months ago. I remember listening to music, then when I got done with it, I turned it off like I normally would, unplugged my headphones from them, then set it to the side. There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary the way it shut down. Next day, when I attempted to boot it up, absolutely nothing happened. The screen remained black. I tried holding the power button for a minute, plugging it to a wall adapter, plugging it to my computer (tried numerous cables, computer isn’t even registering it), and sceaming at it. Nothing worked. It just, out of the blue, stopped working.

I decided to leave it unplug for a few months thinking maybe if it lost all of its power, it may reset itself and start  working again when I plug it up. Nope. My computer is, however, now recognizing it, under “unspecified” in device and printers (Windows 7), as a ROM-Recovery device. It still not turning on though and I really have no clue on where to go from here. I tried googling some information about it recovery rom, but I came up empty. Anyone have any other ideas before I decide to smash it?

Oh and I’ve had it 2 years up until the point where it ceased to work. I’ve had problem with it here and there, but nothing that couldn’t be fixed by plugging it to my computer or holding the power button…

I had a problem like that. Whenever I turned up the volume it just clicked off. It never came on again. I think it’s done for :frowning: may have to replace it or see if customer service will help

I still think there’s hope for it though since my computer is at least reading it, even if it see’s the player as a ROM Recovery device. Unfortunately, I just don’t know how to proceed from there. I think if I can somehow get it to format and reinstall its firmware, that may be enough to fix it…

And I doubt talking to customer service will be much help as they probably will just tell me to send it in. Problem is, I no longer have the receipt (Or maybe I do, its just passed the point of being readable since its so faded) which they will most likely ask me to mail the player with. I’m hoping that there’s a work around using Rom Recovery before I start dissecting it, seeing if I can get it to work by playing with its guts…

Same problem almost here. Computer would not recognize it, and the white screen. Plus it would shut off when i tried to charge it. However yesterday I turned it on and went to the settings icon. Worked my way to reformatting. Pressed yes and the reformatting cured my problems. I did have to download all the music that got erased, but that was minor. The Fuze is back to normal.

Bill