M4P to MP3 Converter?

Well, just to explain some things: M4P is a DRM protected AAC file format. This means, the seller (Apple iTunes) wants to control where and how you play those files to protect them from being shared with other people. As far as I know there is no way to convert those files to DRM protected WMA files, that the fuze might play, so the only way to make them play is just by removing the protection, which is obviously against the will of Apple.

iTunes however must be able to play those files, which enables software to capture the sound from the soundcard. It also offers the possibility to create Audio CDs without any copy protection, so that one could rip the CD to unprotected files, or even create a software that pretends to burn an audio cd, but rips them directly to MP3 files. In my opinion the best way to accomplish removing DRM from the files is without decompressing, because every recompression involves additional data loss. The Fuze can’t play AACs, which is the compression that M4P and M4A use, but some other players can, and rockbox also can (which will enable to play those files on the Fuze, once rockbox gets fully ported to the Fuze; currently the development is at an amazing speed, so that the port could be finished in a few months).

So you could convert M4P just by removing the DRM, but without decompressing them, so you have small and handy files without any additional sound quality loss. This can be done with the freeware myFairTunes, which only supports specific older versions of iTunes. Look at the patchfile.xml that comes with myFairTunes, to see which versions are supported. This software creates M4A files, that can be converted with any software, that supports the AAC codec.

Message Edited by calv on 11-22-2008 12:03 AM

tmarkoski wrote: I use Nero but this works well with protected iTunes files.

http://www.m4p-mp3.com/

I forgot about Nero.Had it on my last computer and it seemed to do everything. I’ll try and find a place to"acquire" it again. The one in the link only converts the first 3 min.s and is only good for two weeks. still may give it a try on some short songs.Thanks

Message Edited by TXMike on 11-26-2008 01:14 PM

M4P music is encrypted by Apple, it is DRM protected AAC file. To convert iTunes M4P to MP3, you need the audio converter that has the ability to remove DRM from iTunes M4P,  then convert to MP3.

I have two suggestions:

1. Convert iTunes M4P to MP3 within iTunes

• Burn the the iTunes M4P songs onto a CD.
  • When it has finished burning, enter that CD into your computer again.
  • Click on “Audio CD” under “source” on the left side of your screen in iTunes.
  • Then right click on the track you want to convert to an MP3.
  • Select “convert to MP3”
  • Once it has finished converting, copy that file to somewhere else on your computer.
  • Copy it again from where you just pasted it, and paste it into your MP3 player or other music players as you like.

2. Convert iTunes M4P to MP3 with DRM Audio Converter

Add the iTunes songs to the DRM audio converter, then choose MP3 as the output, press Convert to start the M4P to MP3 conversion and it is done. It is much faster and easier.

Source:  2 Ways to Convert Apple Music and iTunes DRM M4P Songs to MP3

m4p-to-mp3.jpg

I used easy m4p converter software, It’s very handy. you can try it.

Maybe you can try TuneFab Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music to MP3.

TuneClone is a nice tool and easy to use. It converts m4p to mp3 with losing the quality.

Not sure whether your M4P songs are from iTunes or not. If they are iTunes songs, you may need a special DRM removal tool. Anyway, you are suggested to try TunesKit DRM Audio Converter as it supports both DRM-ed and no-DRM M4P songs. It can losslessly convert your M4P files to MP3 on both Mac and Windows. Good luck.

To convert m4p to mp3, you need to use a drm music converter as m4p files are drm protected. Just search one software online, it should help you get the job done quickly. 

I have tried sometimes DRM protection on iPhone is not download to other site music they have purchased or using other tricks.

And now that trick is https://fvdtube.com It this website remove the DRM protection. You easy download any mp3 song for your iPhones & Android phones.

With this Apple Music Converter, a professional Apple Music DRM removal software, you can easily remove DRM protection from Apple Music and convert Apple Music M4P songs to DRM-free MP3 to play in anywhere. Apple Music Converter is famous for converting Apple Music to free MP3 and other formats, like MP3, AAC, M4A legally with up to 16x speed. The converted Apple Music will be output with its original quality. After the conversion, you can play the converted Apple music on any compatible device, like iPod, iPhone, Android device, PSP, MP3 players and more.

Easy Steps to Remove DRM from Apple Music and Convert Apple Music to MP3

Step 1. Run Apple Music Converter and loads Apple Music to the program from iTunes library

Step 2. Select Apple Music Tracks

Step 3. Choose MP3 as Output Format

Step 4. Start Convert Apple Music to MP3 Files

A file with the M4P file extension is an iTunes Audio file or sometimes called an iTunes Music Store Audio file. It’s really just an AAC file that’s copy protected using a proprietary DRM technology created by Apple.

M4P files are seen when downloading music from the iTunes Store. It can be opened with Apple’s iTunes. However, the computer you’re using iTunes on must be authorized in order to play the M4P file, which is done by logging into iTunes under the same account that was used to download the audio file. 

If you want to convert the M4P to MP3, you should use DRM Remover tool to remove the DRM and then do the conversion job.

Apple Music Converteris the best 2018 Apple Music DRM removal tool, as well as the M4P to MP3 Converter , help to remove DRM from Apple Music easily, convert Apple Music to DRM-free format files with its original quality. After the conversion, you can playback the converted music without paying, with its original audio quality on any mobile devices without limits, such as, Android device, iPhone, iPod, PSP, Zune, MP3 player, mobile phones, Xbox one, computer, etc,. Super fast conversion speed and excellent output quality.

How to Convert M4P Apple Music to MP3

I’m usingAudfree Music Converter at now, which is a professional music convert tool. Moreover, It’s very easy to operate for users.

It has 5 practical functions as follows:

1. Remove DRM from purchased Apple Music, iTunes M4P music, , Audible audiobooks, etc.
  2. Convert Apple Music Apple Music to plain MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. with lossless quality.
  3. Keep and edit ID3 tags of output audios, including title, album, artist, genre, etc…
  4. Convert DRM-protected and DRM-free audio files in batch at up to 30X faster speed.
  5. you can also use this smart toolkit to convert the audio files to other formats with one click only.

It is an awesome tool and recommends you take a try.

@jerry1021 wrote:

I’m using <spam link removed> at now, which is a professional music convert tool. Moreover, It’s very easy to operate for users.

It has 5 practical functions as follows:

1. Remove DRM from purchased Apple Music, iTunes M4P music, , Audible audiobooks, etc.
  2. Convert Apple Music Apple Music to plain MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. with lossless quality.
  3. Keep and edit ID3 tags of output audios, including title, album, artist, genre, etc…
  4. Convert DRM-protected and DRM-free audio files in batch at up to 30X faster speed.
  5. you can also use this smart toolkit to convert the audio files to other formats with one click only.

It is an awesome tool and recommends you take a try.

That also cost 40 bucks, Jerry. Something you negelected to mention.

1 Like

I know that most of the M4P files are DRM-ed and common converters are incapable of converting. But with a screen recorder, you can record all songs and save to MP3 format.

I use theApple Music Converter for Mac, it helps me to get rid of the drm protection and convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 with ease. Thanks so much, my friends. 

I use the Mac system, AppleMacSoft DRM Converter for Mac software is quite good, I suggest you use it.

you can try Soundcloud to Mp3 , I think it is wonderful

Use FoneLab Screen Recorder, which has options to export files as various formats including MP3

If you want to convert M4P to MP3, you can use UkeySoft Apple Music Converter, it can help you convert M4P to MP3.

If you want to covnert MP4 to MP3, you can use UkeySoft Video Converter, which allows you convert MP4 video to MP3, AVI, MOV, FLY and other video, audios formats.