Longer Playback Gap between songs

My thought is that it has to be the tag reading… What format are you guys using? I wonder if it takes longer to read the tags since the upgrade which included updates in tag reading capabilities.

Tagged all my files using mp3tag in ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 format.I heard that this is the most suitable format that the fuze will accept.

Thanks,

SR 

Not tag format, audio format… Mp3, wav, ogg flac etc?

OOPS SORRRY!!!

I use MP3,WMA only.I dont have any FLAC or OGG files on the fuze.

Thanks,

SR 

@conversionbox wrote:
My thought is that it has to be the tag reading… What format are you guys using? I wonder if it takes longer to read the tags since the upgrade which included updates in tag reading capabilities.

I’ve got MP3 CBR(several different bitrates), MP3 VBR, WMA VBR(at 2 different quality settings) and a few albums are in OGG Vorbis.

Just updated my player and formatted it with no luck again!!!

Can sansafix look into this problem and provide me with an answer?

Thanks,

SR 

all i did was update the firmware. the same music that was on it before update is the same after. all mp3’s of mostly 320kbps. i was actually timing it tonight before i posted here. when on “play all” and in “shuffle mode” i had upwards of 7 seconds between songs. this did not happen before the update. i’ve never had any issue before this. sometimes the gap is small, sometimes it is large. before the update, it was quick between each song whether going from K to M or A to Z. 

@lillitnn92 wrote:
all i did was update the firmware. the same music that was on it before update is the same after. all mp3’s of mostly 320kbps. i was actually timing it tonight before i posted here. when on “play all” and in “shuffle mode” i had upwards of 7 seconds between songs. this did not happen before the update. i’ve never had any issue before this. sometimes the gap is small, sometimes it is large. before the update, it was quick between each song whether going from K to M or A to Z. 

did you format and then re-load your songs, or just update?

just update. i didn’t want to go through loading all of it again. i don’t remember seeing that was required, but is that it?

I highly recommend it.

@lillitnn92 wrote:
just update. i didn’t want to go through loading all of it again. i don’t remember seeing that was required, but is that it?

Well, supposedly, it is only required to allow your Fuze to accept 8,000 total songs instead of 4,000. I just figured if we are going to figure out a solution we should know what everyone is trying. I did format, but my Fuze worked fine before and after the format, so I can’t say it would definitely solve the problem for you.

Edit: sansafix just recommended it, and if anyone would know, it would be sansafix.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 04-17-2009 01:19 AM

Longer gap is possible due to parsing replay gain and extracting embedded tag art.  to minimize it dont sync art to tags,  but use the “folder.jpg” in each albums folder method.

i’ll give it a whirl then.

ALLRIGHT!!!

I updated my player again and formatted((fourth time)) it initially after the update.And loaded the songs again using WINAMP.And unfortunately it didnt change anything.I still have a gap.If this problem is in the tags and replay gain why is it only happening to me and some others but not all?I want you to know that this is really frustrating.I would really appreciate if sansafix could provide me with a solution,or if this is a bug making this bug dissapear in the next update.Replay gain and folder nav is really important to me so i dont have a choice to de-upgrade the player to the last f/w.

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

ALLRIGHT!!!

I updated my player again and formatted((fourth time)) it initially after the update.And loaded the songs again using WINAMP.And unfortunately it didnt change anything.I still have a gap.If this problem is in the tags and replay gain why is it only happening to me and some others but not all?I want you to know that this is really frustrating.I would really appreciate if sansafix could provide me with a solution,or if this is a bug making this bug dissapear in the next update.Replay gain and folder nav is really important to me so i dont have a choice to de-upgrade the player to the last f/w.

Thanks,

SR

I am not doing anything with ReplayGain. 

I have a little gap between my music too now that i have updated all of our units…I use WMP-11 MP3’s at mostly 192 bit rate and some at 256 bit rate… I did Format the player after I updated it then reloaded my misic… I didn’t notice a color change in the  volume bar… Not sure if that was what you are talking about… Anyway I don’t mind the little longer gap between my music… It seems to be consistent so I guess that’s why it don’t bug me…  No pun intended!!!  I still like the new updated firmware!!!  Good job SanDisk!!  George

Message Edited by George-W on 04-17-2009 10:39 AM

okay, i formatted and then reloaded 1100+ tracks back on. still has gap randomly. it can be as quick as a second, and slow as 5. once, the shuffle went from a song on an album in K to another song on that very same album and it took 5 seconds. then it hit an album in M and went to another album in M and was almost instant. it’s a very random gap interval, but can be pretty dang slow. wish i could undo that last firmware. 

Message Edited by lillitnn92 on 04-20-2009 08:20 PM

@lillitnn92 wrote:
okay, i formatted and then reloaded 1100+ tracks back on. still has gap randomly. it can be as quick as a second, and slow as 5. once, the shuffle went from a song on an album in K to another song on that very same album and it took 5 seconds. then it hit an album in M and went to another album in M and was almost instant. it’s a very random gap interval, but can be pretty **bleep** slow. wish i could undo that last firmware. 

You can. Just go here and re-apply the previous firmware :wink:

Yep you can nothing to it!!!  Knock yourself out going back and forth!!  That way you can give then a good run!  See what you like or not!!  But no mixing and matching!!  Sorry!! George

I have also found problems under the latest firmware version with certain MP3 tracks and their acompanying embedded album art. Even if the textual ID3 tags are 100% correct, you may still have the pausing issue until you remove the embedded album art…