SanDisk Guru

Re: Lack of music folder on external memory?

HulkSmashNow wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

HulkSmashNow wrote:
  my new 16GB microSD. 

Congrats on that, Hulk. Just wondering, how much actual capacity do you get out of the theoretical 20GB? I have the 4GB Fuze like you, but still with an 8GB card.....I'm waiting for the price to come down some more on the 16GB cards.Smiley Happy

Appreciate it, Marvin.

Looks like the capacity of the card is 15,919,218,688 bytes, or "14.8GB" as Windows properties lists it.  I've loaded all of my music onto it, and keep the internal memory for my audiobooks.  It's also much faster copying and refreshing than my 8GB Kingston card.

My brother got the card for me at Office Depot for $49.99.  It was marked down from $99.99.  He got himself a new Toshiba Satellite laptop for $529, but it had a dead pixel, so we took it back the next day.  The laptop had been marked down to $499, and not only was he able to get it replaced, but got the thirty bucks back, too.

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 06-16-2009 01:57 PM

So I'd end up with between 18 and 19GB total, that will be sweet when I get it then. That price your brother got for the card is the best in-store price I have seen....even online I haven't seen them below $40 yet. Good to hear the laptop saga ended well too.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk User

I know this is a very old thread, but on the off chance yo still check...  I just picked up a used Fuze (my 4'th <G>) and put in new micro sdhc card. Firmware V02.01.09A The new card has no folders, so I followed your advice, which I had bookmarked and used a few years ago...  I was able to get Album and music folder syncing with windows media player.  I have new computer 8.1 and I think media player is probably 12, I can't tell.  What ever it is I don't like it.  Anyway, I listen to a lot of audio books.  I need an audio book file on the external hard drive.  If I put it under music it doesn't appear in audio books.  Any help you can give would be appreciated!

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

1.) You have very old firmware. I'd suggest updating it. You can find the latest f/w version here.

2.) You should place audio book files in the AUDIOBOOKS folder of the player, not the MUSIC folder.

3.) Make sure to edit the ID3 tags on the audio book files so that the Genre field is "Audiobook"

4.) Please don't resurrect and tack onto 6 year-old threads. Create a new one instead.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Updating the firmware put the audio book folder on external card.  I still don't have playlist (even after synching music with wmp), but that's no biggie as I never use it.  Thanks for your assistance. Smiley Happy