It won't play my music

I put music on my Fuze and then when I play the music it doesn’t even get one second in it just skips to the next song, and it says that the song is 00:00 long.

Help!

You’re going to have to give us more to go on. All I can guess at this point is that the files you put on are not a supported format. What are they? MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG?

If they are iTunes files–.m4a or .aac–they are not going to play on the Fuze. You need to convert them to .mp3.You can do that in iTunes.

If they were mp3 converted by MAC OSX your album folder will have both the songs and some finder files–0kb files with names like 01._track1.mp3.  There’s nothing to play in those files–they are just bookmarks.

If you get 01._track1.mp3 files, follow this step

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5227/

I’m having the same problem, The files that I have are mp3 files, sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

They are mp3 files.

What size are they?

Are they .mp3 files you ripped from CD’s or did you download them from somewhere? From a legitimate/legal site, or from a P2P site? Have you run ChkDsk on them to look for corruption?

Tip: If you tell us anything and everything you can about the problem off the bat, we wouldn’t have to play 20 questions back & forth. It’s been 2 weeks since you posted your original question/problem. How soon do you want to get it fixed? :wink:

Then the encoding format of MP3 files has an error or it was corrupted
It has happened to me before

I downloaded them from a site

usually it works, but recently my mp3 player has been acting funny doing this problem so I reformatted it and I thought it was doing fine (for about two weeks) then I added some music and it started acting funny again

All sorts of sizes, one is seven minutes another is one minute

My brother said they might be corrupted, so I went and got them again and they still do I.

i’m starting to believe him.

So im pretty sure that they are just corrupted.

Thanks for your time and help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

@shelke wrote:

I downloaded them from a site

usually it works, but recently my mp3 player has been acting funny doing this problem so I reformatted it and I thought it was doing fine (for about two weeks) then I added some music and it started acting funny again

Again, you’re being too vague for anyone to realistically help you. Is this a legal site, or some file-stealing/sharing site like limewire or some other illegal torrent?

If it’s a legitimate site, there’s always the possibility that something happened during the download (however, that possibility is very remote), but if it’s a questionable (read: illegal) site then you never know what you’re going to get.

Can you play them in your computer–Windows Media Player, etc.–but not on the Fuze?

An mp3 that plays on your computer should also play on the Fuze. A corrupt mp3 probably won’t play in either. If your computer can play it but the Fuze can’t, it is probably not really an mp3 file.

1 Like

I don’t know if its legal…

I guess since I don’t know maybe I should stop using it?

Also to the other reply

it does not work on windows media player so im guessing they are corrupted

so that must be the problem.

I’m pretty sure that’s the problem

so thanks

I don’t know if its legal or not

so im guessing since I don’t I should stop using it?

You should virus-check everything that you download from the internet. Whether you want to continue using a site is really up to you, but you should try to have an idea of what you are getting.

@shelke wrote:

I don’t know if its legal or not

so im guessing since I don’t I should stop using it?

You can read through this thread.  Some forum members have shared some sites that they use that offer free and legal music.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Anything-goes/Free-Music-Downloads/td-p/92903