Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
xtrem

How to create playlists with Sansa Fuse (Windows Media Player 10.0 and Windows XP)

Hi,

I just got a Sansa Fuse (8gig) and I am a bit lost on how to create playlists with it. I am using Windows Media Player 10.0 and Windows XP (familial version). I tryed to install the more recent versions of Windows Media Player but it wasn't possible, as they told me I needed a more recent version of Windows to support it.

How can I create playlists with my computer and install them on my Sansa Fuse? I want to be able to listen to all my artists and also to be able to listen to some selection of my choice (for exemple, when I am mountain biking, etc.) in a playlist.

Thank you for helping me out,
Cath
SanDisk Guru
drlucky

Re: How to create playlists with Sansa Fuse (Windows Media Player 10.0 and Windows XP)

you may want to check out the How To Videos for Sansa MP3 players

6) Adding a playlist to your Sansa MP3 player in MTP mode using Windows Media Player 10 (Windows XP)

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

Re: How to create playlists with Sansa Fuse (Windows Media Player 10.0 and Windows XP)

xtrem wrote:
. . . be able to listen to some selection of my choice (for exemple, when I am mountain biking, etc.) in a playlist.

Thank you for helping me out,
Cath

Now why would you want to listen to music while you're mountain biking? You're out in the fresh air, under an azure blue sky, away from the maddening crowd and the hustle & bustle of the city with all the car horns and sirens and dogs barking. Ugghh!

Wouldn't you rather be serenely listening to the wind rustling through the trees, the birds chirping, the squirrels scampering, your deraiileur engaging a lower gear as you mash the pedals in an effort to climb that hill, and that big ol' brown bear coming up behind you to take a BITE OUT OF YOUR BEHIND? :smileyvery-happy:

jsollerjr

I have owned many Sansa players including the View and most recently the Fuse. I really like the Fuse for it’s size and response.

One the easiest ways to create a playlist on a Sansa player is to: 1st: plug it in to your PC. 2nd: view the contents of your player by double clicking on My Computer then double click on Fuse then double click on Music folder(s) to display the music on the player.

Highlight the music you want to put in your playlist then right click on that music and click on Create Playlist. Once the new playlist is made, rename that "new playlist.pla" to something like My Favorite Music.pla. Don't forget to keep the .pla extension on the file. Cut that file (right click) and paste it to the playlist folder on the Fuse. Now when you turn on your player and go to “playlists” you will see My Favorite Music in your playlists. Create as many playlists as you want.

What I find really cool about creating playlists this way is how easy it is to add new music to an existing playlist. Connect the Fuse to your PC then open My Computer to display the contents of your player. Go to the playlist folder of the Fuse and double click the "My Favorite Music" playlist to open it. At that point you can click on any music on the player and drop it in the playlist window to add it to your playlist. At that point you can also arrange the order of the music in the list by using the arrows in the playlist editor. Click “OK” to save the list and you are finished.

The above may sound confusing but it really isn’t once you get the hang of it. Plus it is all accomplished without additional software.

Hope this helps.

patrickabois

I looked all over the internet for this answer, all having to use an outside media player, which confused things. Your method is by far the best. Thanks!!!
face

I want to say that your method below is AWESOME! This is the way to go! THANKS!  I did all that you said, created list, moved it, added stuff from external, and when it plays, it is shuffling! 
This needs to be a STICKY

jsollerjr wrote:

One the easiest ways to create a playlist on a Sansa player is to: 1st: plug it in to your PC. 2nd: view the contents of your player by double clicking on My Computer then double click on Fuse then double click on Music folder(s) to display the music on the player.

Highlight the music you want to put in your playlist then right click on that music and click on Create Playlist. Once the new playlist is made, rename that "new playlist.pla" to something like My Favorite Music.pla. Don't forget to keep the .pla extension on the file. Cut that file (right click) and paste it to the playlist folder on the Fuse. Now when you turn on your player and go to “playlists” you will see My Favorite Music in your playlists. Create as many playlists as you want.

What I find really cool about creating playlists this way is how easy it is to add new music to an existing playlist. Connect the Fuse to your PC then open My Computer to display the contents of your player. Go to the playlist folder of the Fuse and double click the "My Favorite Music" playlist to open it. At that point you can click on any music on the player and drop it in the playlist window to add it to your playlist. At that point you can also arrange the order of the music in the list by using the arrows in the playlist editor. Click “OK” to save the list and you are finished.

SanDisk Guru
Tapeworm

face wrote:
I want to say that your method below is AWESOME! This is the way to go! THANKS!  I did all that you said, created list, moved it, added stuff from external, and when it plays, it is shuffling! 
This needs to be a STICKY

It used to be. One of the FAQs actually.