How do you download music to Sansa Fuse using Ubuntu?

Here’s my problem, I changed my software using Ubuntu, now I’m having trouble downloading songs and everything else including video using this software.  I know about using the disk for Raphsody for windows but this the disk does not work.  I know using Ubuntu it has to be downloaded using .ogg format.  I also know that when I connect my player to the computer, I have to use MTP USB mode.  Can anyone help me with this?

@toniajackson wrote:
Here’s my problem, I changed my software using Ubuntu, now I’m having trouble downloading songs and everything else including video using this software.  I know about using the disk for Raphsody for windows but this the disk does not work.  I know using Ubuntu it has to be downloaded using .ogg format.  I also know that when I connect my player to the computer, I have to use MTP USB mode.  Can anyone help me with this?

I thought that with a linux system you needed to use MSC USB mode. Maybe I’m wrong, I’ve never used one of those systems.

Just put it into MSC mode and it’ll mount as a USB disk.  Then you can drag files onto it.

BTW, running ubuntu does not change the formats the Fuze plays.  You can still use MP3/WMA as well. 

How do I download the file like getting a video from youtube?

YouTube videos are Flash, .flv. Then they have to be converted to a format the Fuze can play–usually through Sansa Media Converter, a Windows program you can get here, or through Rhapsody, which you can download free online (for Windows). I don’t know if there is a converter for Linux.

In the meantime, everything you “know” about transferring music is incorrect. As noted above, the Fuze works with Linux (and everything else) in MSC mode as a disk drive–just drag-and-drop your music. The music can be .mp3, .wma, .ogg or .flac.