How do I get album art to sansa when using FLAC

Hi everyone,

I am archiving my CD collection on my pc and am using EAC to do it. I was wondering, when I drag and drop my FLAC albums onto the Sansa Fuze the album art is not there. How do I configure EAC so that it will bring over the album art also when I rip rhe CD to my HD?

Thanks

Brian

@fixit5561 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am archiving my CD collection on my pc and am using EAC to do it. I was wondering, when I drag and drop my FLAC albums onto the Sansa Fuze the album art is not there. How do I configure EAC so that it will bring over the album art also when I rip rhe CD to my HD?

Thanks

Brian

Good choice on using EAC & FLAC.  Just make sure the album art file is called “folder.jpg” and drop it in the album folder on the Fuze.  This works for all codec types (mp3, Ogg vorbis, etc) and is not specific to FLAC.

One more thing since you’re using EAC: if you haven’t already discovered it, you might want to check out REACT (specifically SyntheticSoul’s mod).  It’s a tool used in conjunction with EAC that allows you to customize and automate the entire ripping process.  For example, I use it to rip the CD to FLAC, select and download the album art, embed the art and create a “folder.jpg”, and finally apply album and track ReplayGain, all in one shot.  Another use would be to rip to multiple formats at once.  It’s really powerful, but requires a bit of work to get configured.

Just make sure the album art file is called “folder.jpg” and drop it in the album folder on the Fuze.

I just downloaded EAC and FLAC so im very new at this whole ripping thing.

How do I get te album art off the CD? I know how to make a new folder and drop it into the album file. Im not too pc literate so I may need some more help here!LOL Sorry Im just getting started with the FLAC and dont know much in the first place about ripping.

Thanks

Brian

@fixit5561 wrote:

Just make sure the album art file is called “folder.jpg” and drop it in the album folder on the Fuze.

I just downloaded EAC and FLAC so im very new at this whole ripping thing.

How do I get te album art off the CD? I know how to make a new folder and drop it into the album file. Im not too pc literate so I may need some more help here!LOL Sorry Im just getting started with the FLAC and dont know much in the first place about ripping.

Thanks

Brian

I dont know about FLAC specifically but with OGG, I use Media Monkey. What I did was convert using it, and made sure my settings were so that when I converted it created seperate folders for Artist and Subfolders for Album, then used Media monkey to place the Art as folder.jpg in the subfolders. Try that. Of if you already have the files converted, then just put together subfolders and hit the Google Image Search for Album Title, and then when you right click anc shoose save file as name it folder.jpg in the right place for your music. 

conversionbox,

Excellent it works perfectly to find the album art with google right click on the one you want, then save picture as, type in folder.jpg in the file box, then just save it right to the folder where the album is at, then upload it to the sansa and the art is there. Works great thanks a bunch!!

@skinjob wrote:

@fixit5561 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Brian

Good choice on using EAC & FLAC.  Just make sure the album art file is called “folder.jpg” and drop it in the album folder on the Fuze.  This works for all codec types (mp3, Ogg vorbis, etc) and is not specific to FLAC.

One more thing since you’re using EAC: if you haven’t already discovered it, you might want to check out REACT (specifically SyntheticSoul’s mod).  It’s a tool used in conjunction with EAC that allows you to customize and automate the entire ripping process.  For example, I use it to rip the CD to FLAC, select and download the album art, embed the art and create a “folder.jpg”, and finally apply album and track ReplayGain, all in one shot.  Another use would be to rip to multiple formats at once.  It’s really powerful, but requires a bit of work to get configured.

JRiver Media Center can do all of that in one shot as well without any add ins.

The folder.jpg doesn’t work for me.

Google search could turn up images that aren’t in .jpg format, or images that are larger than the Fuze will support.

Another option: Go to the album on Amazon.com, right-click on the album art, and save as folder.jpg. They’re always in .jpg format, at a size the Fuze recognizes.

@d_headshot wrote:
The folder.jpg doesn’t work for me.

Why? If you have folders for your music it should work fine. The only thing is your art may be too big. So youll need to use a photo editng software to size it down

All my pictures are 200x200 jpg and >32kB.

Was having trouble myself with a SanDisk Clip Sport here in 2015. Turns out the particular format of JPEG was the problem. Opened it back up in GIMP and expanded the ‘Advanced Options’ pref area and disabled everything extraneous (‘Optimize’, & ‘Progressive’), resaved the file as the same ‘folder.jpg’ and it worked just fine. It’s understandable, I guess, that such a small device might only support the basest type of JPEG.