How do I convert FLV file?

The computer can’t play it, and it said it needs a codec,

does someone know what I’d need? Someone who has done this with an FLV file.

help?

:slight_smile:

This is an un-supported file type (flash video). You need to convert it to

Well, you need to download super, a useful free converting software. or if you can use a different software like any video converter, but I am only familiar with super. First, convert your flv into a mpeg4, and then use the hated SMC to put it on your sansa product. it is found at SUPER © Free 3D Video Converter | MP4 MKV HEVC/H.265 VP9 AV1 | FREE Download

Their webpage is very confusing, but as far as i can tell without viruses

the webpage looks like a table of 3 products left to right, choose the rightmost one and “download and use for free”

On the next page, which starts with “current version” in blue and “SUPER, the player” in red letters, scroll all the way down

to “start downloading super right now”,

The next page also says “current version” in bold blue letters, with “Do not purchase a copy of Super” in red. Scroll only a little bit to the red paragraph “Super is a Free multimedia…” and click the link “download and use”

Finally, scroll to the bottom of the next page and click “download super setup file from official site 2” you make get a

different number

After you install super, open it up. It checks your computer for requirements, but you can mostly ignore that. Super gives you many menus and buttons to choose your output file’s specs. So I will list them all, starting left from right, then top to bottom.

Output container: mp4

Output video codec: h.264/avc

Output audio codec: aac

ffmpeg(should be grayed out)

Stream copy: no

disable video: no

Resolution: higher = bigger file, longer time, so I usually go with 320x240 or 220x176, which is the max for fuze

Aspect: This adjusts itself based on resolution, so usually 4:3

FPS: the max on the fuze is 20, so either that or 30, depending on preferences

Bitrate: I usually use 768. I’m not sure what the max for the fuze is

Options: High quality and 48k audio

Sampling freq: 44100

Channels: 2

Bitrate: 128

Dvd language: default

Next, go to gray box near the bottom, which is where you add your multimedia files. Right click in that section and choose the topmost option “add multimedia file”

Browse for your flv, then click encode active files.

Depending on your computer, mine is a 2.4 ghz p4 with 512 RAM, it should take 5-6 mins to convert a 5 min vid clip @ 320x240.

To find your new file, open up where you downloaded Super on your hard drive, go into the super folder, and go into output. Your new file will be there.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by serengeti on 09-17-2008 01:27 PM

I use the free FormatFactory

Or if I’m on the go, I use the also free media-convert.com

Formatfactory totally worked for me. Thanks!

If I remember correctly, Flv stands for Fl ash V ideo, so you would probably need the Flash software from Adobe to watch it, but I don’t know about converting it.

i love the sansa video converter, ever since i downloaded it, ive been able to put my home videos and music videos onto it, im so happy …:slight_smile: just thought id put this in here because i noticed alot of complaints about smc, but its worked perfect for me ,so far anyways  :))) thanks …kittykatt67:)))))

@serengeti wrote:

Output container: mp4

Output video codec: h.264/avc

Output audio codec: aac

ffmpeg(should be grayed out)

Resolution: higher = bigger file, longer time, so I usually go with 320x240 or 220x176, which is the max for fuze

Aspect: This adjusts itself based on resolution, so usually 4:3

FPS: the max on the fuze is 20, so either that or 30, depending on preferences

Bitrate: I usually use 768. I’m not sure what the max for the fuze is

Message Edited by serengeti on 09-17-2008 01:27 PM

Actually, when I used Super, (at least for the Sansa Fuze) it worked with;

Output container: avi

Output video codec: mpeg4

Output audio codec: mp3

ffmpeg

Resolution: 176:144

Aspect: This adjusts itself based on resolution (11:9)

FPS: i used 15, but the max is 20

Bitrate: max is 512, so i use 480

after that, i just dragged the file into SMC and it puts it onto the fuze

Hope this helps :smiley:

Message Edited by SirStabbity on 04-27-2009 04:42 PM

Message Edited by SirStabbity on 04-27-2009 04:43 PM

I went to www.download.com, went to their video converter section and filtered by “Free” (not “Free to try”) and found some good ones. They also have flv players on that site for your home computer.

Message Edited by DJRWolf on 12-10-2009 05:24 PM

I prefer use Flash to Video Encoder PRO.It’s prog for convert flv to many different formats.It’s really good prog)

Brian01 wrote:
I prefer use Flash to Video Encoder PRO.It’s prog for convert flv to many different formats.It’s really good prog)

It may be a good program, but unless you say that it costs money (as it appears to do) then your post is little more than spam. And contrary to popular belief, we really don’t care for that here.

Smiley

If there’s a free version, please say so and what is crippled (limited features, video length, operating time, etc.) so that those reading your post can make an informed decision on whether to floow your link or not.

Brian01 wrote:
I prefer use < link removed >.It’s prog for convert flv to many different formats.It's really good prog)

It may be a good program, but unless you say that it costs money (as it appears to do) then your post is little more than spam. And contrary to popular belief, we really don't care for that here.

Smiley

If there's a free version, please say so and what is crippled (limited features, video length, operating time, etc.) so that those reading your post can make an informed decision on whether to follow your link or not.

4 out of your 5 posts here have said nothing but tout the virtues of this program. Just a hint . . . you probably want to give it a rest or contribute in another (non-spammable) way before you're banned. :wink: