How Create-Audio Books-WMP12-As An Album

Is this possible? Using WMP12/Win 7/Sansa Fuze… I currently rip audio books (eg a book with 9 disks). Drag each ‘ripped disk’ to create a playlist … then sync to FUZE. Result: 9 different albums (1 for each disk).

Problem is that when I listen, the player stops at the end of each album (disk) and I have to remember which album (disk) is next then manually start that one.

This isn’t a huge problem - at least I can listen to books - but it is a pain-in-the-neck for audio books from the library.

When I download audio books - via Overdrive (local library has an online system allowing downloading) - the books are loaded on my FUZE as an album … so can play the whole book continuously.

You’re going to have to learn about tags.

Get mp3tag from http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Install mp3tag.  When you install, let it add itself to context menus (an option while installing).

Open mp3tag and in Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg make the Write option ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.The Fuze reads that format best.

If you want everything in one Album you are going to have to change two things. One is the title listed under Album, which is easy:  highlight all the files and type the Album name into the box on the left.

The other is trickier: Track Number. You want all the tracks of successive discs numbered in order. Right now, each disc is probably numbered 1-x, and the next disc starts at 1 again. With mp3tag, you can open each album, go to Tools/Autonumbering Wizard, select Use Leading Zeroes (which gives you track numbers going 01, 02…) and–here’s the tricky part–change the beginning number to the number following the previous disc. So if you had 10 chapters on disc one, then you want to start disc 2 at 11. Etc. You are going to end up with a very big album, but if you number the tracks correctly it should work.

If you don’t renumber the tracks, you’ll get the first chapter of each disc, then the 2d chapter, etc.

Will try it - thank you SanDisk Guru

OOP{S - meant Black-Rectangle